Victoria Regal clips

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by 6789, Dec 8, 2005.

1. 6789

6789 Member

I'm not sure how to host my clips yet, so a fellow member offered to host these clips for a month. hopefully I can re post them in a month when I learn how. Also I'm not sure how to link the audio clips he hosted right into this post. so here is a link to the website. If that's a bad thing to do let me know and I'll delete this thread. Thanks to hawkeyeinexile for helping.

Victoria Regal Clips.
    With the tubes that came with it. Power tube: GT6L6S rating of 9 (9 has more clean headroom than a rating of 2)
    first preamp: GT12AX7C
    Guitar Univox Hi-flyer single coils.
    LSD2 Large diaphragm stereo condenser microphone 15 inches away from the amp.
    In person, the amp has a huge, full, deep sound. that fullness is not really captured on these clips.

clips:

1reverb - both pick ups on.

2tremolo - both pick ups on. when the trem is turned up past 9 (out of 12) the amp loses some clarity.

3straight - the guitar straight into the amp - no effects - overdrive is from turning up the amp. I was switching between pick ups too.

4volume - switching between pick ups and turning up the volume. the highest volume I recorded was 9 (out of 12) - that was more than enough overdrive for me.

5blackstone - the Blackstone Mosfet overdrive with all three pick up settings: both pick ups, neck, bridge. the Blackstone is set for just a little overdrive. First pedal off, then on.

6timmy - neck pick up. First pedal off, then on. Timmy set for a little overdrive, no volume boost.

7fuzzriot - neck pick up. VintageFX Fuzz Riot pedal. First pedal off, then on.
    See the post below from hawkeyeinexile for the clips.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 6789

6789 Member

I just listened to the clips over my computer speakers and of course in person the amp sounds much much better.

3. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    okay, here ya go, bud:

reverb - both pick ups on.

tremolo - both pick ups on. when the trem is turned up past 9 (out of 12) the amp loses some clarity.

guitar straight into the amp - no effects - overdrive is from turning up the amp. I was switching between pick ups too.

switching between pick ups and turning up the volume. the highest volume I recorded was 9 (out of 12) - that was more than enough overdrive for me.

Blackstone Mosfet overdrive with all three pick up settings: both pick ups, neck, bridge. the Blackstone is set for just a little overdrive. First pedal off, then on.

Timmy - neck pick up. First pedal off, then on. Timmy set for a little overdrive, no volume boost.

Fuzzriot - neck pick up. VintageFX Fuzz Riot pedal. First pedal off, then on.

:cool:

4. 6789

6789 Member

Hawkeyeinexile, thanks for helping post the files.

5. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like the amp has some nice depth to it. Not crazy about the reverb, but it could be the recording. Victoria makes some killer sounding amps! Thanks for the clips! :BEER

6. move

move Member

i like your sound on these clips. alot.

thanks.

can you give us some idea how loud the amp was?

7. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

I like the way that breaks up. Honestly, I think it sounds bad, but in a really cool way. The bottom end breaks up and falls apart, but in a really neat way. I would love to use a tone like yours for garage rock or alt-country type stuff.

8. 6789

6789 Member

The amp is 12 or 15 watts. The amp is loud for my basement. I haven't gigged with it yet so I don't know if it's loud enough for an unmic'd show.

9. gulliver

gulliver Member

Great surf tones with the whammy, tremo and verb. Not crazy about the stomp boxes, it's best raw.

12? Mine only goes to 11.

10. 6789

6789 Member

I agree, raw, no pedals. my clips don't really show off how good the amp sounds. I think all the controls go to 12. I'll have to check.

11. 6789

6789 Member

12. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Wow, I love Victoria amps, but these clips dont sound that good IMHO. It doesnt seem to take to pedals that great. The clips on the site sound good though. Could be allot of things. IE pickups, pedal or amp settings, and so forth.
    Thanks for your clips.

Gregory

13. 6789

6789 Member

Yeah, I guess I didn't do a great job on the clips. oh well, i tried. It sounds great in person. Jason's clips at steelbender.com sound good though.

Do a search for Juke. hawkeyeinexile posted some great clips of his Juke amp.

14. scottl

scottl Member

Nice clips. Not a tone I am after but I agree with Tag for a change. Good depth.

15. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

16. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Thanks for the clips - will listen in a bit (clips down?).
    The Regal has been revised w/ two x-formers now. So, can run a host of tubes (one or two) for a range of power/tone options (cathode biased).

17. trisonic

trisonic Member

Nice on the overdrive, thick and juicy. Actually it sounded good on all of Jason's clips - but then Jason always sounds good to me.

Best, Pete.

18. Robert1950

Robert1950 Member

I'm getting file not found

19. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Thats true. I talked with Mark at Victoria a few days ago.
    It is "self biasing" so to speak.

Hmm lets see, maybe a 6L6 and a KT66 or.........

Gregory

20. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member