Victoria speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by MMiller, Jul 4, 2006.

1. MMiller

MMiller Member

I have a Victoria 5112 and I'm looking to replace the stock Jensen. Anyone have any recommendations....I'd like to stay with a vintage tweed tone but would like a little more efficient speaker for a little more volume.

Thanks, Mark

2. van_wylde

van_wylde Member

Hi there,

My personel choice would be the alinco speakers by Tone Tubby. i ahve recently been upgrading almost all my cabinets and combos to these speakers and have found them to be the best i have ever heard.

If you have heard Eric claptons crossroads guitar festival DVD, these are the speakers that he is using in his custom Cornell amp that is modelled after the old bassmans of the late 50's.

3. brad347

brad347 Member

4. Zelmo

Zelmo Member

I just put a Celestion Blue in mine. It works for me! You'll have to take the bell cover off (it does come off, contrary to some reports. Drop me a note if you need more info). It'll be a tight fit, but it can work. I actually had another baffle board cut with a slight speaker offset to acomodate better.

It's a nice combo in that amp.

5. illinimax

illinimax Gold Supporting Member

Weber's 12A125 30 watt light doping sounds great in my 5112. Good idea to replace the stock Jensen, the only weakness in a great amp.