Victoria Vicky Verb Jr. and Vicky Vibe Jr.

Does anyone have info on these?

Victoria amplifier Vicky Verb jr.
Victoria amplifier Vicky Vibe jr.

Are they the same amp but one has reverb and one has tremolo? Or are there more differences than that? Both based on a tweed Princeton?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Sounds wonderful as long it's not cranked too much. I wonder how much damage they'll do to the wallet.

wookiefoot

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 on needing to turn it down a bit to sound its best in that video.

I'm not sure how that price is justified. They make great amps and I'm a huge fan of his Ivy League but 2200.00? YIKES

scottcityman

Platinum Supporting Member
Can't find wattages listed. Video says its 5w with a 6V6.
Anybody know what'd be with a 6L6 or EL34? Approx 9 and 12 watts?....

RJLII

Kind of like a cross between a Champ and the Victoria Regal (original Regal, not the Regal II). I like the three input front end, My Victoria Ivy League has the same setup and it's very versatile.

neils

My guess and it's a guess is he had the LP guitar on 10. Dial back the guitar and/or play a Tele/Fender and it woulda been a whole different demo. These amps love low inputs in my opinion. That's what I find with a 5E3.

Neil

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Can't find wattages listed. Video says its 5w with a 6V6.
Anybody know what'd be with a 6L6 or EL34? Approx 9 and 12 watts?....

The Humbucker Music ad, which is for the Vicky Vibe version not the Vicky Verb version (that was fun to type) says it ships with an EL34 for 12 watts. So we have 5 watts and 12, just have to figure the 6L6 from there.

Just realized this was from October. Not a zombie thread by any means, just seems that I'd have heard more about them and seen some reviews by now. Off to the googles I guess.

6L6 is around 10 watts....ish. Every part of a Victoria Amp is a USA made part. That does add cost ....but unless he has changed recently, he says EVERY part is USA.

I've been thinking about a Victoria for awhile but it is hard to get into one fiscally speaking.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I'd LOVE a Vicky Verb, but I complete agree with the sentiment above. $2200 for a Champ with reverb seems a bit high. It makes the Milkman Half Pint look like a bargain (which is often touted as overpriced here on TGP).

Last edited:

leighianson

Silver Supporting Member
I've been thinking about trying to acquire a Vicky Verb as it would work brilliantly in a new trio I've joined, but the price is pretty crazy and with the US foreign trade agreements being torn up (apparently) I'm worried the taxes and customs to get one over to Australia would be borderline impossible.

Kevi

Just stumbled across the Chicago Music Exchange video and I love what I heard. Looks like another fantastic offering.

shaps6

I've been debating between getting the either Vicky Verb or a Silver Sonic. I've played the Silver Sonic, but not the Vicky Verb. The Silver Sonic sounds great, but I'm concerned with how loud it is. I live in an apartment and don't gig out much these days. I'd like not to piss off my room mate and neighbors. I'd have to get dirty sounds from the Silver Sonic from a drive pedal, since I won't be able to crank it.

The Vicky Verb Jr. seems like a cool amp, and better suited for an apartment. Also dig the option of switching tubes to get some more headroom and wattage. Does anyone know how much headroom the tube swaps should give? They say that this is basically a Champ with a bigger speaker, but is the tone really Champ-like? Like, the Chicago Music Exchange video of the Vicky Verb doesn't give me the impression that it's on-the-nose Champ.

I've got a full pedal board with delay, reverb, octave pedal, fuzz, Fulltone OCD, wah, and other effects. Considering a JHS Angry Charlies or Friedman BE-OD for when I feel like higher gain. Don't know if one amp will be better suited to taking these effects.

Does anyone have any advice for a guy who's obviously wayyyyyyy too far down the rabbit hole to make a decision?

shaps6

I'll add that I loved how full and articulate the Silver Sonic sounded when I drove her and when I put a Fulltone OCD in front of her with the gain dialed up. I wonder if I'd get the same out of the Vicky Verb Jr.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom