• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Victoria Victoriette 6V6 Circuit

btdvox

Got a new amp last week, and after playing for last week, I gotta say this is one of the best amps I've ever played.

This amp is all about the cleans, it uses a 6V6 Fixed Bias circuit that runs AB1 until pushed to about 6 or 7, where it runs in Class A. It has the same Trem that the Victoriette's are known for which is Power Tube based I believe and Reverb with a full Spring Reverb Tank.

Honestly, something about this amp just works better than Fender amps I've used in the past.

The best thing? It takes pedals like no other. For dirt I'm using a Walrus Audio Voyager into a Zendrive and they both sound amazing, whether separate or stacked.

I've pushed the amp to clip and it sounds good, but definitely not what it's meant for. Instead I run the amp to where its about to clip and then let the OD pedals do the rest.

I know the Victoriette has been out for awhile but I thought I'd let users know about this new circuit. After speaking to Mark Baier via e-mail, he stated that he believes this circuit is the best and most refined circuit for the Victoriette amps, other configs used 6L6's and EL84's I believe.

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
This amp is all about the cleans, it uses a 6V6 Fixed Bias circuit that runs AB1 until pushed to about 6 or 7, where it runs in Class A.
I'm sure it sounds great, but what you're claiming is physically impossible- there is no such thing as a tube circuit which transforms itself from AB1 to A wiring with the turn of a volume dial. Bottom line, you'd fry the grids of your power tubes by turning up. The Victoriettes I've seen were wired for cathode bias, same as a 5E3 tweed Deluxe, which is sometimes mislabeled as "Class A" in the context of vintage Vox circuits. That appears to be the case for your amp, too.

Last edited:

btdvox

I'm sure it sounds great, but what you're claiming is physically impossible- there is no such thing as a tube circuit which transforms itself from AB1 to A wiring with the turn of a volume dial. Bottom line, you'd fry the grids of your power tubes by turning up. The Victoriettes I've seen were wired for cathode bias, same as a 5E3 tweed Deluxe, which is sometimes mislabeled as "Class A" in the context of vintage Vox circuits. That appears to be the case for your amp, too.
I never said true class A hehe. Not that it matters anyways.

Trending Topics