Victoria's (Gretsch) Executive amp...Wow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Garnett, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Garnett

Garnett Member

Picked up a Gretsch Executive, which is a HW Victoria piece of clean wonderland! Fantastic tone, a real sleeper. Not made anymore, but I'm very impressed. It seems to be voiced like a BF with a 1x15 speaker. This has a JBL 130F. Has RCA tubes, not sure on year of speaker or tubes. The speaker has Fender stamped on it. I have played many many fine amps. This combo is a winner! Very deep lush cleans, with character. Does have tube rectifier, feels really good under the fingers.

Just thought I'd share!

bullet6759, QRSS and Terry Hayes like this.
  2. bullet6759

bullet6759 Silver Supporting Member

How does it sound overdriven?

3. e???

e??? Member

4. Garnett

Garnett Member

The amp is a non master so I haven't cranked it enough to overdrive it...should be a great pedal platform for OD. Beautiful spring reverb and the tremelo is excellent. Very simple straight forward amp, it does have a mid knob. If you see one and you're into a killer BF tone, check it out.

5. Garnett

Garnett Member

Completely hand-wired P to P from Victoria. I think these were made in the early 2000's. Gretsch Executive

6. zenitB

zenitB Supporting Member

I saw Rev Horton Heat a few years back and he had two of them and sounded great, he also had one of Billy Zoom's reverb units.