Victory Preamp Pedals

riffy

Anyone else really looking forward to these being released? The demos of them sound awesome so far! All tube is a big thing too.

stargazer747

I'd like to get my hands on the Kraken model. I have been secretly quietly Victory Amps, as a loyal and diehard Orange Amp player (I have 5 Terror Series heads) I seem to be drawn to this amp maker as well. And I am not alone as online I read and see video clips of Orange players that also use Victory. I bet these things will be a big hit, 4 tubes in a pedal, practically taking over your amp's preamp and dropping at your feet!

riffy

That is the one I really want to try too! That Kraken is sounding outstanding to me.

jburd75

I'm more of a lurker than a regular poster, but I got the Kraken and I'm running it through the loop on a 100W Boss Katana. I've had several tube lunchbox heads and this is very similar in practice and tone to those. I use the "clean" setting and turned off the noise gate. Pretty straight forward and I can keep up with the band with zero issues. The Boss is loud and I have it set to a very sterile clean. All of the crunch and gain tone comes from the Kraken.

I ran it through a fender and it didn't sound better, but it did sound different. I'm assuming that cabinet and speakers are the big difference. With single coils (Lollar P90's), it's a little bright, but rolling back the tone takes care of that. Through my PRS with Mojotone Tomahawk's, it sounds amazing. It's a great three channel set up with a clean, crunch and high gain. I use external reverb and delay, but I use the chorus in the amp for the clean tones. I run a Digitech Drop in front of the Kraken, but still in the loop.

It's probably not a rig up to TGP standards, but for garage rock, punk and metal, it works for me and sounds pretty awesome. There is certainly something special about the tones you can get that is very different from a regular pedal into the front of the amp.

FWIW - nothing sounds good to me direct into the Katana, so I didn't even bother with the Kraken.

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
I should be getting the Sheriff tomorrow. Really looking forward to amp-through mode with my Mesa TC-50. Figure if it varies substantially from the three Mesa channels I'll be looking at a five channel amp.

Doesn't mean I won't have dirt pedals in the loop as well...

I should be getting the Sheriff tomorrow. Really looking forward to amp-through mode with my Mesa TC-50. Figure if it varies substantially from the three Mesa channels I'll be looking at a five channel amp.

Doesn't mean I won't have dirt pedals in the loop as well...

Any updates?

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
Any updates?

Returned it immediately. I was using it as a pre-amp and the difference between the TC-50's 2 and 3 channels was definitely different than the Sherriff but not enough to warrant keeping it. Definitely would be a good choice into a Fender or Clean amp, just not an amp with two already good crunch channels.

Eventually I'd like to try a Countess.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom