Victory v30 countess owners el34 or 6l6?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lowpaygigs, Apr 14, 2016.

1. lowpaygigs

lowpaygigs Member

what tube complement do you use with it? General thoughts or insights about the amp?

2. 8len8

8len8 Member

FTI, there aren't many Victory amp owners in this forum. If you search "victory" you can see the 1 or 2 owners and maybe PM them for more info.

3. lowpaygigs

lowpaygigs Member

Thank you, sir.

4. drew365

drew365 Supporting Member

I have a Victory V30 Countess. I ordered it with EL34's, so I have no experience with 6l6's in that amp. I'm very happy with it so far. No problems and great tone. The clean channel isn't crystal clear, but it's clean enough for what I do which is classic rock with a dirty edge like ZZ Top, etc. Rolling off my guitar volume when I need clean, works fine. I use the clean channel for pedals and the dirt channel for a different flavor of crunch. I put my modulation pedals through the loop. The outputs are a little odd. I wish they had just used a ohm selector switch instead of the two 8 ohm and one 16 ohm out. Especially since you can't actually hook up two 8 ohm cabs, which is what I have, without a series Y box.
    The EL34's probably boosts the output wattage up to about 50w, which is my only problem. Even with my band, I don't put the MV up past 4 or 5. I'm thinking of trying an attenuator to see how it sounds cranked. There's no way I can dime it and be in the same vicinity now.

jackthearcher and lowpaygigs like this.
  5. lowpaygigs

lowpaygigs Member

Sir, thank you for sharing your experiences and this handy information. I believe your generosity captured what tgp is at its best.

6. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

No experience with the V30, but I gotta say I'm heavily GASing for the new V22 Sheriff. Demos sounded amazing!

7. BelgPJ

BelgPJ Member

Yup - the V44 is HIGH on my list of next purchases :D