Video #2 - S2Amp Blackface Bedroom Prototype w/ Klon

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by eric-d, Mar 3, 2008.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

Tele - Klon - Kendrick Reverb - S2 Amp / 1x12 open back cab. This is with a blues shuffle backing track. Levels aren't perfect - but you get the idea.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=snVgiG42uvU

2. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

You need to do some Dick Dale now.

:AOK

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

Hahahaha... I'm not that good.... :D This is a fun amp - I personally enjoy this amp much more than my old BF Vibro-Champ I used to own a few years ago. The great thing about it is - you can put it on any cab that's 8 Ohms.... I have it going through a 1x12 open back with a Celestion in it. It sounds great - even with the "Voltage" around 1 watt..... My wife seems to like it too - since I haven't heard a peep from her since I've been noodling on it! What amazes me also - is it's size. It's friggin SMALL!!!! And VERY portable & light weight. It would be perfect for a coffee house gig or recording also!!! I really can't wait for the JTM45 model to be done so I can check out that beast!!! :AOK

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

DAMN, eric..
    that was smokin' :)
    Great licks...sounded killer! Never enjoyed a Klon so much either.
    When are these babies coming out?

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

Thanks bro - not sure..... This is the prototype - and I love it - would love to keep it but it must go on to the next guy in line.... Too bad it doesn't have a built in reverb but the Kendrick does it job well.... IMHO - it sounds like what it's supposed to be... A BF Fender style amp.... Steven did a great job on this!! Can't wait to try the Jtm45... :D As - for the Klon - either you love it or you hate it - for I love it.... :D

6. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

i can tell it's at speaking levels because you can actually hear the strings acoustically there too. now that's quiet. but with the klon helping crank things along, that's a pretty mighty full sounding 1 watt of power!

7. eric-d

eric-d Member

Thanks man - yeah - it's sounds like it's screaming - but I could have easily talked over it.....

8. paulscape

paulscape Member

Some tasty blues licks there! sounds great :D

9. Defendant

Defendant Member

Really impressive!

10. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

E, that is probably without a doubt the best playing Ive heard from you for as long as I have known you. Face-melter bro, I can tell you were feeling it like Bill Hicks says always '' Play from your f**king heart! ''

Still got the '65 strat? I would love to hear it through my new 1962 Brownface Concert. I think some roadtesting is in order.:D

11. trucks

trucks Member

Very nice!

Looking forward to my wrecktified S2 even more now!

12. eric-d

eric-d Member

Dude - you got the Concert?! Very cool! Maybe this Sunday - we can check it out!!! again - thanks for all the comments! I can't say enough good things about this amp!! Steven really did a great job on this one!! Can't wait to hear more of them!

13. eric-d

eric-d Member

So - basically - by what I can tell - no one's commenting on this amp... Screw the fact that it's my playing - I personally could care less. This is a product that was basically TGP's idea and a builder acted on it. Now it's getting pushed to the end of the line behind a load of ridiculous threads that are so subjective.... Come on guys - let's try to show some support for someone that has actually taking his time to come up with a product we were raving about 2 months ago... (End Rant)

and again - thanks to everyone who has commented on it!

14. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Both clips, the amp sounded killer! :)

15. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

I love the quality of the tone. Everything I would expect from a Tele and a great old Fender amp. Not a ton of saturation like I would expect from a tweed, and not all of the refined tone of a blackface. Kind of what I would expect from a brownface.

I flat dug it.

Forgive me if this has been covered, but was any of that without the Klon? I'd love to just hear the guitar into the amp.

Never mind, I found the earlier clip. More blackface by itself. Very hip.

16. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

This is a great time to say, I'm looking for a Klon...

17. eric-d

eric-d Member

Yeah - a Klon with "BF" style amps is pretty hard to beat.