Video content - my first

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Fusionshred, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Fusionshred

Fusionshred Supporting Member

I also posted this in the Effects section as a demo of the Jetter Gain Stage Gold, so if you saw it there, thanks, but this is the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJa_nVKDzNw

Since some people were commenting on the actualy playing as well as the tone, I figured that discussion would be appropriate here as well... This is the last thing I posted there in response to an astute observation:

That's an interesting comment and I agree with you. I used to play faster than that. When I start ripping, it's like going on auto-pilot. I've been trying to play more consistently intentionally - really trying to make some musical statements rather than just shred. Also, for some realon, I have something very strange going on with my right hand lately where I can't get the picking calibrated. I don't know if it's lack of practice or a vitamin deficiency or what.

The thing I love is the constant learning process and the concept that no matter how good you are, you can always be better. In this example, there are a few times where I think I executed a passage cleanly, and that makes me happy.

On a side note, I just found out how beneficial it is to do this. Watching yourself play on video is a great way to see how you are doing. In some ways, I see my playing as being better than I thought it was. In other places, I see how the idea I was going for didn't quite make it through.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Tom
    [​IMG]

2. scottl

scottl Member

Good stuff Tom! A few little fluffs but I dug it! Nice fluidity and way to pay attention to the changes.

3. Fusionshred

Fusionshred Supporting Member

Scott! Wow - thank you so much - that's a real compliment coming from YOU!!!

Yeah - I knew I lost it a couple of times (that's what happens when you drift off mentally... a senior moment LOL!) but I was so eager to see if the video and sound would work that I just did the one take and left it at that.

Thanks!

4. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Great take.

Fluffs?............I thought they be passing notes :p

lol