Video demo'ed my 1st Gen Atomic / Pod X3 combo to sell, forgot how great it sounded!

thrashmetl

So these days I've upgraded to an HD500 and I've also got an Eleven Rack too. I've also messed around with a DT-50 by way of HD500 as well and never quite bonded with it (could just be that I haven't had the ability to really crank it though).

Either way, I've been casually trying to unload my first generation Atomic Reactor 212-50 watt locally on Craigslist for a few months now with no luck so I thought I'd pull it out and do a video demo of it to post in my ad. I've got my Line 6 Pod X3 loaded into the Atomic and I flipped it to my favorite low gain patch, a Bogner Ecstacy patch with the drive on 6%, and fired up my Danocaster Blackguard and it's heaven. I had forgotten how amazing this combo sounds. I had mastered dialing in patches with the X3 and since the Atomic was built around the Pod series, it sounds amazing. I haven't tried too hard, but I haven't been able to dial in a patch that sounds near this good with the DT-50/HD500 combo.

I know these things are now relic's of the past, but I thought I'd post this up here for ***** and giggles. If you're looking for a cheap rig, all the pieces here can be picked up relatively cheaply. I'm not posting this here to advertise because I'm not looking to ship it and I haven't posted it in the emporium because everyone who checks the emporium probably also checks Craigslist too.

I first run my Danocaster Blackguard into it, then my cheapo Xaviere 335, and finally my K-line Telecaster Special (dual Lollar P-90's). I modified the patch slightly for each guitar and since the Xaviere is stock it doesn't sound as nice as the other two, but you'll get the idea.

Oh man - if I had the $, I'd take the atomic of your hands. I have an 18w and a 50w 1x12. Used the 50 watt the the x3. Now it's getting retubbed and the fan is getting replaced.

Used the 18w with Pod Farm for the last year. Now using the HD 500 with the 18. I really dig it. I've ben thinking about trading my 50w for a second 18 and just running it in stereo....

The 2x12 atomic is killer though!! I would think it would sound awesome with the 11R.

Good luck with the sale!

GuitarTone

Sounds fantastic...your fingers sound great as well....got to love the tones coming from that 335, LOVE it, 335 tone rules.

A few years back I had 2 Atomics, sounded great with the Tonelab.

thrashmetl

Sounds fantastic...your fingers sound great as well....got to love the tones coming from that 335, LOVE it, 335 tone rules.

A few years back I had 2 Atomics, sounded great with the Tonelab.
Thanks, I actually thought the 335 tones were the weakest, then again I'm not much of a humbucker guy so maybe you hear something I don't.

Trending Topics