1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Video Diary

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Ruokangas, Jul 3, 2008.

1. whoofnagle

whoofnagle Gold Supporting Member

Excellent - I have had fun building a few "T" style bodies in my garage - this is making me want to do another!!
    :dude:dude

2. kingsleyd

kingsleyd Frikkin genyus Gold Supporting Member

It sure is. Aye, matey! Looking good. :AOK

3. Thor

Thor Member

Just got caught up with the last 3 episodes - great stuff!!! They are really looking good - thanks again for doing this!

-Edward

4. Mark C

Mark C Member

These videos are awesome! Very educational, thanks for sharing all of this with us.

5. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I got to play the unicorn extensively this weekend and this thing is amazing...Never thought I would play a guitar this light that sounded so heavy....A masterpiece for sure.

6. tequilaboy85

tequilaboy85 Member

Thanks for fueling my GAS!!!
    Any pic?

7. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I didnt take any but there will be plenty on his site soon...I believe that he said he was building 35 initally and that 5 or 10 were already spoken for...

8. cubado

cubado Member

Happy Birthday Juha!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  9. Felipe

Felipe Member

Juha told me that he has something as 28 spoken for :dude

10. Thor

Thor Member

Happy Birthday - that's right, I remember you celebrating your birthday during NAMM madness last year.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy year. Can't wait to see the finished Unicorns!

-Edward

11. bilbal

bilbal Member

So cool. I would give anything to be able to do this. You are truly gifted and make some exceptionally beautiful guitars. I would love to try one out some day.

I am enjoying the video diary very much. Thanks for posting.

12. Sofus

Sofus Member

Very cool following the video diary - and seeing the guitar and meeting you at NAMM :)

13. Ruokangas

Ruokangas Member

Thank you thank you thank you! Yeah it happens to be that I get to celebrate my birthday usually under the California sun... :D

Yeah got the first Unicorn prototype miraculously finished just one day before flying to LA. And - certain french airline managed to delay the guitar two days in transit, but luckily I got it back (after a number of angry phone calls and driving twice from Anaheim to LAX..) just in time for the show. Man was I nervous about that - this is the very last guitar I want to get lost........

Thanks for all you guys for stopping by and checking out the new baby! The videos run obviously a bit delayed, but they're getting there, Emma and me are doing our very best. There's many episodes to come, the next one I hope will be out within a week or so.

Found this from the Sound Hound Lounge:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for choosing precisely this shot 'rickmebe' - wonderful that Cliff Cultreri could join the show! Check out the Sound Hound Lounge 'NAMM Pics' thread as well, there's loads of cool shots from the show...

I arrived back home late yesterday evening (oh boy, 16-hour flight...) - and "surprisingly" enough the guitar (along with all my luggage) is lost again............... :worried

-Juha-

PS. 'flyingvees' - still feel bad not being able to join you guys at the BigHeart Slides party............ next time, I promise!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

If you want to feel bad about something it should be that I left without that duke!;):D Next year we jam!

15. tequilaboy85

tequilaboy85 Member

Great looking guitar Juha!!
    I'm looking forward for an highly figured artic birch topped Unicorn...:drool:drool:drool

16. cubado

cubado Member

17. Ruokangas

Ruokangas Member

'tequilaboy85' - stay tuned for the videos, figured birch coming up... ;)

'cubado' - I had the first Unicorn prototype with me at the NAMM. That guitar is not for sale. As we speak, the project Unicorn is still ongoing, lots of lil' things to finetune... Truthfully - I don't know where the line goes between 'The Small Company Luthiers' and 'The Dealers Emporium'. :huh So... feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to the availability of these guitars. Oh yeah - thanks for the tip, I did drop a line or two to the Spanish Cedar discussion.

-Juha-

PS. 'flyingvees' - yeah next year we jam! :JAM

18. Ruokangas

Ruokangas Member

19. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Didnt know that my homie Juha was such a tv star! Your certainly the David Hasselhoff of Finland...Now only if we could get some ninjas to attack you while building the unicorn:banana....Great vid and greater guitar

20. dwes

dwes Member

Love these videos.
    Thanks for taking the time to produce and share them!
    Dave