Video Lesson 8-7-08 - Legato Etude #1

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by Mark Wein, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Mark Wein

Mark Wein Member

2. spacelord

spacelord Member

Hey Mark.. thanks once again. One thing I noticed I have issues with is pulloffs on the 1st string. Its almost like the string is pulled just far enough to the edge of the neck/frets that I kinda kills it. Is there a trick for that string or just practice your pulloff exercise until it works itself out?

3. Mark Wein

Mark Wein Member

When you are pulling off on any string are you also pulling the string far enough to pull it out of tune?

I think much of it is work it slowly until you get it where you want it but sometimes its just too much "pull" on the string...let me know how it goes!

Mark

4. Mark Wein

Mark Wein Member

Thanks!

For me a technique gets sharper if I can use it in a "actual music" setting as opposed to just running exercises. Its also more fun to play so I end up practicing more :)

5. guitbeef

guitbeef Member

Just checked this out, very cool lesson! Also I really dig your tone on the lesson clip and the live clip (great band by the way, I really dig the drummer).

6. Mark Wein

Mark Wein Member

Thanks man!

I am very lucky in that I get to play with some great rhythm sections..that fact in and of itself makes it easier for me to play better...no guessing where the time is at [​IMG]