Video Looping App (iOS)

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by mastercaster, Jan 29, 2015.

1. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

Been looking for an app to loop videos between bookmarks on my iPad for awhile now. I have various guitar instruction apps such as Truefire and CountryGuitarChops.
    Thought I'd post this for anyone that has the same needs. Seems to work flawlessly on a iPad 1 running 5.1.1 also.
    Has slow down and speed up feature, download from YouTube, folders and sub folders and looping between bookmarks. You can have multiple bookmarks per video and annotate each one.

http://tapparatus.com/swift#demoModal

2. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Great tip if it does the job. I'll roll the dice for four bucks and find out!

3. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

For a computer app with excellent features check out Ronimusic.com
    Same folks that make ASD. The best feature besides adjustable speed is being able to sync the audio and video together by changing the offset.

4. JonR

JonR Member

Transcribe does that too. (But the video needs to be in MP4 format, so youtubes need to be downloaded and converted first (minor inconvenience).)

Best thing about Transcribe is the audio waveform display, so various kinds of markers, loops and selections are easy (click and drag). (I think Capo allows this too, not sure about ASD and others.)

5. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

Think how much better we'd be if we'd had these back 'in the day'!

6. JonR

JonR Member

yeah, listening to those damn records/tapes over and over: think of all that enforced ear training we had to put up with! Who needs it??!
    ;)

7. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

Yeah, lot of feature rich apps for a laptop or desktop. Not so much for tablet or phone in this genre.
    This works great or me on a iPad, a iPad 1 at that.

8. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Downloaded the app to my iPad and used it's native browser to check out a Youtube video. Worked well speeding up and slowing the video. You can also set bookmarks and loop between them and that works good. I use Transcribe! on my computer and love it but didn't have any of its functionality on an iPad. Now I do for $3.99! Nice, worth the small change it cost.