Video: MXR Carbon Copy, Earthquaker Disaster Transport, Electro Harmonix DMM

My Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5c6UJrxEc

My Take:
They all sound great. The DMM has the best trails ... it doesn't get all lo-fi and bright when it's going into oscillation. It also has WARMER modulation, but the Earthquaker gets close. The Earthquaker has a volume boost that I hate, but that might be fixable, I haven't opened it up yet to look for a trim pot. I also don't like how quickly the Earthquaker gets into oscillation so quickly ... the repeats start to get brighter and lose their warmth. Otherwise, the Earthquaker is freaking sweet. MXR kind of falls in the middle, but as you can see in the vid, the modulation is only noticeable on lower delay times ... which totally sucks. Slapback is the best on MXR and DMM ... Earthquaker is voiced to dark for this IMO.

All great pedals for different needs.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO DO A VIDEO WITH DIRT or OSCILLATION! IT'S JUST NOT FUN! :messedup

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
thanks so much for taking the time to do this! but it says the video isnt available :(

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
I'm watching it...I wish to god they'd figure out how to put the DMM in a smaller chassis

re-animator

very cool!!

i've had the DMM, i now have the earthquaker.... even though they're totally impractical... i want to switch back to DMM.

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
Again..thanks for the Vid. Im not really sure where you play the MXR since I see/hear the other two most prominantely

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. ill watch it again after work since i keep alt-tabbing when i hear the footsteps comin! ;)

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
WOW.

honestly, the disaster transport is what i've always wanted from a modulated delay. i could probably drop my CHORUS pedal completely if i got one of those.... gaaaaaaas.... :)

Damn... DMM still wins, IMO!!

-Ben
lol ... yep. looks like that sucker might as well be glued to my board.

i'm just so comfortable with it now. i can dial in any sound i need right away. dotted 8th notes, slapback, long modulated, vibrato, chorus ... no problem.

Trending Topics