VIDEO: Nuages

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jazzerman, Mar 18, 2006.

1. jazzerman

jazzerman Member

Hi dudes,

It's been a few months since I recorded a home video. Here's one I did today. It's Django's "Nuages" as a short chord melody. I often make my own arrangements and they are usually pretty straightforward.

http://fivesharp.zippyvideos.com/

Regards,

#####

2. gennation

gennation Member

Sweet! The video got done in a bout 15 seconds as the audio played at normal speed. It was like John Mclaughlin playing it ;)

Playing wise though, excellent job on one of the most beautiful songs EVER written.

That one almost always brings a tear to my eye, which is one of the reasons I haven't been able to sit through learning it. Seriously.

Thanks for that tune this morning though, it should have a great effect on my day :)

3. jazzerman

jazzerman Member

Glad you like it. It's one of the most hauntingly beautiful melodies ever indeed! Sorry to hear the video did not run that well ...

Here's a Flash version that probably works better:

http://www.dailymotion.com/Jazzerman/video/81261

Regards,

#####

Playing wise though, excellent job on one of the most beautiful songs EVER written.

That one almost always brings a tear to my eye, which is one of the reasons I haven't been able to sit through learning it. Seriously.

Thanks for that tune this morning though, it should have a great effect on my day :)[/quote]

4. gennation

gennation Member

Bravo!

Yes, that worked much better. That was awesome and your guitar sounded beautiful too.

5. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Sweet!Always loved that tune and your version was great-nice tone and execution!Respect!

Vlad

6. jonos

jonos Member

jazzerman, I love the way you play this song. Everything sounds so good and clean.The tone reminds me of Joe Pass, I remember hearing a record Joe made with bassplayer Red Mitchell where Joe has a really nice sound, similar to yours. Tell me what strings and amplifier you use on this video.
    I had a Es-175 which I traded for a 335 a couple of years ago. I have to
    get me another one now!!

7. Rig James

Rig James Member

WOW, sounded great!!
    Four On Six!! Holy Crap is that a good cover,
    You are a great player, your style is exactly what I aspire to play like.
    Congratulations on some real killer videos, please keep them coming!!
    Thanks again,
    James

8. jazzerman

jazzerman Member

Hi Jonos,

The ES 175 has a set of 0.12 flatwounds on it. The guitar I play through an amp modeller (Digitech RP 300 preset "jazz") for silent recording with a head set. It sounds just like my Polytone amp that I use live.

#####

9. jazzerman

jazzerman Member

Thanks Jamnad and other dudes for the kind remarks.

#####