VIDEO: Soulajar in San Luis Obispo (Siegmund Content)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by thesedaze, Aug 17, 2006.

1. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Not me, but a group I do a lot of design work for (the banner hanging in the background is my doing). The guitarist plays through a 60W Siegmund Midnight Blues w/ one of his removable baffle cabs loaded w/ 4 12's...2 hempcone alnico tone tubbies, and 2 something else's.

Their singer recently left the group, and his brother was kind enough to sit in, along with keyboardist Stacey Ericcson. This is an existing Soulajar song called Wake Up Love in Time, but with Jim improvising lyrics over the tune.

The song's got a lot of cool dynamics to really show off the amp. I'm surprised how well the audio came out, even in this compressed format, especially for a camera mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RQ2yB2_Nkk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. anyone

anyone Member

Hey, I was at that gig! (sitting on the curb with a face full of ribs...)
    Those guys sounded great, especially the guitarist. I saw the Siegmund as I was walking by and had a feeling they would be killin'. I wanted to tell him it sounded unreal, but didn't want to bug him. Pass the word for me if you like (thanks). Sweet banner!

3. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Nice! I just passed along the word. I wasn't able to make it to the gig, but arrived afterward for the nice weekend full of chill partying...if that's possible.

Here's another one just uploaded of one of Jim's tunes "Drive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzV-pi2FfDo

4. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Band sounds real good...singer sounds Killer, great voice, intonation and
    phrasing...to my ear he is the big talent there, not taking anything away from the rest of the band, but that dude has "it"
    thanks for sharing the clips........

5. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Ya, I hope he stays w/ the group. Not bad for 2 practices w/ this lineup. I can only imagine if/when they get in a good solid amount of studio time and practice, they'll be quite hot.