1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Video using primarily the El Capistan SOS looper and Blue Sky

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by andyothling, May 20, 2011.

1. andyothling

andyothling Member

I've really been having a lot of fun with the looper on the El Capistan lately. I know this vid is a bit long... Basically I loop some things, then drop it an octave, then tweak it so it gets all old and warbly sounding.

If you're interested in pedal settings and whatnot, I made this video as well:

Thought this would be interesting to some people, I haven't seen much talk about the looper on the El Capistan.

2. gonepostaltwice

gonepostaltwice Member

very nice! man, when that starts washing out... amazing!

3. bearbeams

bearbeams Member

Thanks for posting this andy, I always enjoy watching your videos.

How do you like your Goodrich VP vs the Ernie Ball? Is yours the active or passive? I was looking for a passive volume pedal that has a nice smooth taper like the EB, in a higher quality product. I heard the Goodrich uses a different type of a taper that doesn't give much volume until the end of the slide.

4. Lanard

Lanard Member

Great sound! what expression pedal/knob are you using to control repeats? I like the size of that, is it easy to adjust with your foot? Also, how do you have the Low End Contour and Tape Bias set? and how does adjusting those affect the loop?

5. Muse FTW

Muse FTW Senior Member

Saw this earlier today...so good.

6. matthewh133

matthewh133 Member

Thanks very much Andy for the instructional video also. I have always wished you had them on more of your other videos as sometimes I sat there wondering how you were getting a certain sounds.

Is this something you may be including in future videos?

Keep it up man! Your stuff is always top notch.

7. teleclem

teleclem Member

That's really awesome man :aok

8. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson ¿Qué Hiciste? Silver Supporting Member

Freakin' dope, son! I gotta play with that looper fxn now!

9. andyothling

andyothling Member

I really like the goodrich, I have the passive one. The taper is different, but I got used to it pretty quick. I still have the same amount of control, and it feels much higher quality.

That's the mini expression knob from this1smyne, and it works great. Very easy to control with your foot. Super useful for me. And I believe I had those two secondary functions both set at noon, and they do indeed affect the looping sound just as in the other modes. It's pretty cool.

Thanks! And yes, I'd like to do this type of thing more, like have an explanation video for the people who would be interested in it.

10. andyothling

andyothling Member

You definitely should, it's great fun!