Videos - Top Hat Super Deluxe

eric-d

I did this one with a low volume and plan to do a few more at a higher volume and with pedals. This one is just simple and at bedroom levels. I used my Telecaster and a Maxon AD-80 for some slap back action. The "Fat" switch is on. I had the Volume around 11:30 and the Master around 8:30 - 9:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7DUEEePIz8

Here's one with a little more volume and doing an "A min" Hendrix'esque Jam with the Strat. Pedals used were a Fulltone Clyde Std., Fulltone Deja'Vibe, Chicago Iron Octavian, MJM London Fuzz (Ge), Landgraff DO, and Maxon AD-80.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Fs3lSzsXs

Free

Nice country-ish feel - your playing is very good. You've got a James Burton-type thing happening there. Cannot beat TopHat - clean or cruch TopHat is IT.

rawkguitarist

Cool tone man! Man, I wish Brian still offered the silver grill and logo! In the near future I'm going to order a King Royale head and 2x12 cab. Would love to get it in maroon and silver...:jo

Great clip and playing. Cool amp, congrats!

riffmeister

Sounds great, I like the 2nd video. You've got the right idea re the slapback delay. That's always been an essential part of my sound with my TopHats......don't need no stinkin reverb! :D

What speakers are in your amp?

riffmeister

Good combination. Brian shipped the SD with a G12H and V30. But many people don't care for V30's in open back cabs. The Greenback is a good substitute in that amp, IMO. It's a little less efficient than a V30 and therefore you have to drive the amp a little harder to get the same volume. Pushing a tube amp is usually a good thing! :D

eric-d

Brian even stated that it was odd for him to use that combination of speakers as he doesn't recall doing it! :D

eric-d

Still gonna try some other preamp tubes in it when I can get a chance to get to Rich's house...

singular

agreed! love the second clip dude.been trying to decide between the CR and SD lately, as well as getting myself a strat, that was a good ad for both :D

Trending Topics