Vigier Guitars?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by digital, Mar 18, 2006.

1. digital

digital Supporting Member

Someone on another board recomended one to me as I'm a Steinberger guy and I'm iching for a new guitar, expecially since my Steiny is got a lot of miles on it and I want to retire it. Anyone own any or played and has some comments on the intruments? I'm looking at the Excaliber model. Thanks!

2. cSuttle

cSuttle Member

I've played them at NAMM shows. I like em'. They are still your strat of a guitar idea, but well made and sounds cool. The surfcaster fretless is a pretty cool beast too.

3. drummondrs

drummondrs Member

Do you mean surfreter? I have an Excalibur and I absolutely love it. Magic feel and the body is very resosant, the sustain is huge, which has its advantages and disadvantages. I am not sure what you mean by a strat of a guitar idea? Could you explain please.

4. dookie

dookie Member

Vigier guitars feel and play great... Definitely worth a look (as those at Huge Racks have stated)...

5. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

The Shawn Lane signature model Vigier is an amazing instrument... you might consider it. A short scale strat-type, with a very flat radius...

6. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Zero radius (flat) to be exact. Allows for ridiculously low action but takes a bit of getting use to.

7. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

8. Dominique

Dominique Member

@Donnie B.

To be exact, a flat board would have an infinite radius. The Shawn Lane model has a 20 inch radius I belief.

9. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

It has flat frets. No radius at all. I've owned one. It's really weird at first cause we are so use to looking at radiused frets that they almost look flat to the eye. The Lane model at first looks concave (optical allusion) like a classical guitar.

[​IMG]

10. gainiac

gainiac Senior Member

The Shawn Lane model is very cool, I've played one a bit. Incredible action.

I wouldn't describe the tones as "traditional" but it's a very lively instrument that can cover a great deal of ground. Well made, great balance, cool guitars.