Vigier Shawn Lane Model!

Tom Gross

OG Forum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Great stuff, Ed.
Thanks.

Nice guitar. Do you have the action set real low?

MusicGearGuys

Cool Video Ed!

I'm not saying this becuase I am a dealer, but rather because I'm a guitar player wanting to share my experiances. Truth be known the Vigier Shawn Lane guitar has the lowest action I have ever played. I even sound OK on it. :p That added with the 90/10 neck, and I was hooked. Man, I even put my Anderson's aside.

Put Ed with a SL and see what you get?

:dude

Gregory

Vigier/Diezel/THD

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by MusicGearGuys
Cool Video Ed!

I'm not saying this becuase I am a dealer, but rather because I'm a guitar player wanting to share my experiances. Truth be known the Vigier Shawn Lane guitar has the lowest action I have ever played. I even sound OK on it. :p That added with the 90/10 neck, and I was hooked. Man, I even put my Anderson's aside.

Put Ed with a SL and see what you get?

:dude

Gregory

Vigier/Diezel/THD
It's funny seeing who dig the Dl and who doesn't...
When Chris poland tried it he hated it, when brett garsed grabbed mine he couldn't put it down.
The only down side to that guitar is that I can bend the top string further than on other guitars where they fret out at a major second or minor third bend. This one goes beyong the major third...until the e-string breaks. :)

M

musicmusicrocks

Ed, how do you like your Excalibur neck compared to the SL?

Gregory

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by musicmusicrocks
Ed, how do you like your Excalibur neck compared to the SL?

Gregory
I like it just fine,...kinda like a a flatter version of a Suhr Even C.
There isn't really anything i dislike about any of my 3 Vigiers.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro
There isn't really anything i dislike about any of my 3 Vigiers.
...except I played 'em and likely lowered the value... :(

MusicGearGuys

Now really Wayne, what did you think of them?
They are very different from a G&L arent they?

Wayne, by the way, I really enoyed your playing on you site.
Nice acoustic work too.

Gregory

Vigier/Diezel/THD

PS Ed, since they are de-valued now, I'll buy the whole lot for hmm...... $500 cash. I'm talking cash Ed. LOL:D :D
Or better yet, how about I pay you and Wayne for a guitar lesson.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by MusicGearGuys
Now really Wayne, what did you think of them?
They are very different from a G&L arent they?

Wayne, by the way, I really enoyed your playing on you site.
Nice acoustic work too.

Gregory

Vigier/Diezel/THD

PS Ed, since they are de-valued now, I'll buy the whole lot for hmm...... $500 cash. I'm talking cash Ed. LOL:D :D
Or better yet, how about I pay you and Wayne for a guitar lesson.
Thanks, Gregory. ;)

The Vigiers played beautifully - very well built, incredibly fast, nice/useable sounds. Nice lookin' (just like our Ed)...

Also played Nick Sterling's Vigier for a couple of tunes at Ed's NAMM gig. Equally as impressive.

Ed's SL was quite literally just out of the box - VERY low set-up. Amazing they were able to get it so flat/easy. A credit to Vigier's attention to detail. Solid.

Yes, these are different than my usual G&L Strat-styled guitars, as my Legacy is closer to Fender in design (although mine has a rather wide/fat/flat neck). I always liked Fender Strats, but have better luck w/ tuning-stability, etc. on G&Ls.

The Vigier's hit me more as an expression and improvement on the 'Super Strat' idea that was so prevalent in the '80s. I do mean this as a compliment... Very versatile, high-quality designs.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by rwe333
Thanks, Gregory. ;)

The Vigiers played beautifully - very well built, incredibly fast, nice/useable sounds. Nice lookin' (just like our Ed)...

Also played Nick Sterling's Vigier for a couple of tunes at Ed's NAMM gig. Equally as impressive.

Ed's SL was quite literally just out of the box - VERY low set-up. Amazing they were able to get it so flat/easy. A credit to Vigier's attention to detail. Solid.

Yes, these are different than my usual G&L Strat-styled guitars, as my Legacy is closer to Fender in design (although mine has a rather wide/fat/flat neck). I always liked Fender Strats, but have better luck w/ tuning-stability, etc. on G&Ls.

The Vigier's hit me more as an expression and improvement on the 'Super Strat' idea that was so prevalent in the '80s. I do mean this as a compliment... Very versatile, high-quality designs.
I kinda agree on the Excalibur. The SL is soooo different to the Super Strat...especially with the shorter scale length, flat finger board and the weak pick-ups. That actually are the closest to hum free single coil sounds I've come across.

Trending Topics