Vinetto Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Housered, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Housered

Housered Member

Vinetto Guitars
    I played a lot of Fender CS guitars today and a lot of other brands as well. Quite a few and in all price ranges. The Fender CSs blew away the Nash guitars. I have raved about Nash in the past but upon close inspection, there were some criteria that they just didn't meet. For one, the high and low strings didn't tend to be equidistand from the ends of the fretboard up and down the neck and some of the neck pockets were kind of sloppy.

Two guitars really stood out today. A $3,500 swamp ash suhr strat clone that rang for days and an guitar that I was unfamiliar with. Vinetto at ~$2,500. The Vinetto hung with the Surh. Fantastic guitar. Both blew away everything from the Fender CS that I played today. Don't get me wrong, I have played some truly great Fender CSs but not today. The Surh and the Vinetto won out.

Cheers.

2. Butterscotch

Butterscotch Member

Vinettos are built by Vince Cunetto, who was responsible for finishing and relicing the early "Relic" Fenders!

3. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

I played a Vinetto in a store recently and was extremely impressed with it as an instrument. I am not a fan of the relic concept and that kept me from buying it. But a couple of weeks later I snagged a Deuce, which is an undamaged variation on the Telecaster theme. It's extremely impressive even though it is built with humbuckers, which I typically dislike on teles.

I am a huge Suhr fan but I too would put Vinettos on par with them. Suhrs and Vinettos have a different vibe, and although there is some overlap, I think each company focuses on a different kind of instrument. But both companies are clearly making top-quality instruments.

4. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

I have been joansing for a Vinetto for a long while now. Historically I have always been a Fender CS player. I know sounds lame but I like seeing the Fender on the headstock. But the Vinetto's sure do sound and play awesome!

5. RichieRich

RichieRich Senior Member

im a headstock snob.

im not a headstock decal/inlay snob, though.

=)

6. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

I think that Vince's headstock design AND his logo decal are among the very best looking, out of all of the non-Fender bolt-neck guitars.

7. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

I definitely agree with that Dave. It seems Vince has a great, artistic vision. I mean look at those early Fender relics. They're still about the best looking ones I've seen. Hell I think some of them look better than the real thing! He really did it right, and still is.

And leave it to him to come up with a nice headstock shape as well. Most of those non F heads, are really hideous.

8. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

Do the Vinetto's, with 25" scale, still have plenty twang, bang, snap, piano attack, whatever you want to call it, on the wound strings?

Or does the 25" softens up some of the attacks and snaps?

Thanks

9. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Not quite as much as a 25-1/2" scale, but it's still there. You can feel and hear it.

10. Barefoot

Barefoot Senior Member

His earlier designs like the Legato TC were very nice guitars as well. The V to C large neck w/radiused board was exceptionally comfortable. Wonderful workmanship. I miss it........

11. moozak

moozak Silver Supporting Member

me too! (sigh)

but got a custom built SC on order from him now... WITH the V to C neck option! so... i should be back in bid'ness again soon!

;-)