Sold Vintage 1957 Silvertone Amp - 6V6 single ended, super clean and original

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by Rossi163, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Rossi163

Rossi163 Supporting Member

A great little Silvertone amp from 1957 in near pristine condition. Model 1391. Perfect for the studio, living room or den. As far as I can tell it is all original, complete with all the Silvertone labeled tubes and Rola alnico magnet speaker. Super clean inside and out. I really dig the aesthetics on this one with the wrap around, diagonal weave grill, beveled edge cabinet, art deco brown bakelite knobs and shiny brass Silvertone plaque. Very cool amp indeed.

I left this one exactly as I found it, figuring the buyer will have their tech service it the way they prefer. Amp powers up and works and sounds really good, but there is hum and some crackle so a cap job is likely needed. The fuse holder cap doesn't seem to push & twist into place like it should but the amp still works just fine. Might need a new fuse cap or maybe just a shorter fuse? The good news is the tubes test strong and are probably good for another decade and the speaker sounds amazing with that crisp, papery, smooth-cone detail to the top end.

A bone simple, single-ended class A circuit with USA made tubes through a little alnico speaker is a pretty good recipe for getting great guitar tones down on tape. It's not too loud and breaks up nicely when dimed.

You will be hard pressed to find a cleaner vintage tube amp from any maker that looks and sounds this good for less.

$SOLD$

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]