1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Vintage 30 + Greenback?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by eyeb, Jan 8, 2008.

1. eyeb

eyeb Member

I wonder if anyone have tested vintage 30 + greenback (25W) in a 4x12 cab? If so, what's your experience of it? Just hit me :horse

// Eye b

2. mmorse

mmorse Member

I tried it in a 212 way back when. The V30 overpowered the GB when listening close range.

3. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    +1. The 3dbs the V30 has over the GB makes a pretty noticeable difference...

4. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Easy fix for this...put the Greenies on top and they'll be just fine. Nect to each other or in an X-pattern will be weird. I got a 4x12 like that and love it.

5. hamfist

hamfist Member

S'funny. I tried the same combo a couple of years ago. Sounded pretty good to me and , strangely, I never could perceive the V30 as being louder than the GB. They always seemed to put out about the same volume.

Ah, but then I am almost deaf !! :jo

6. eyeb

eyeb Member

Ok!
    Thanks for your replies.
    /Eye b

7. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

Vinnie Moore runs this combo.. he likes it just fine!