Vintage 6 saddle tele bridge w/ brass saddles?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by davidk, Mar 23, 2015.

1. davidk

davidk Member

Putting a tele project together and am looking at using a vintage 6 saddle bridge, but I can't seem to find any with brass saddles instead of the chrome/steel saddles. Anyone know where to get brass saddles for a vintage 6 saddle tele bridge? Thanks.

2. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

As you probably know, G + L guitars has a box section T style bridge with 6 "hammer" saddles in brass and it is far better executed than the joke that FMIC makes.

Trouble is, these saddles are pretty wide and they yield an overall string array at the bridge that is wide enough that you MUST have the wider G + L neck (wider at the heel). Otherwise the outboard strings play off both sides of the fretboard.

Instead, check out some saddles from Marc Rutters with the eccentric slots that yield great compensation. Plus the string array is much more sensible.

3. Rick51

Rick51 Member

Vintage six-saddle Tele? No such thing in my world. Probably just my age showing,

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

+1, 6-saddle box bridges with the little offset barrel saddles (G&L or not) are poorly-designed rattletraps.

5. Jimmy MAck

Jimmy MAck Member

My '72 Tele has 6 steel adjustable saddles. Seen others like it too. Fender. I too would like to see a better alternative. The 1st string saddle likes to travel sideways! (outward) creating saddle buzz.

6. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

the "better alternative" is a good 3-saddle compensated!

7. jamester

jamester Silver Supporting Member

Gotta +1 this.