• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vintage AD-9 foot switch fix

bertramladner

Gold Supporting Member
Hi,
I have a faulty foot switch on my 80’s AD-9 I’m trying to open it up to fix. I don’t know how to get in there. I tried from the back and it seemed to be the wrong side to work on it from.

Thanks,

~B

stinkfoot

The switch is located in the battery compartment, under the foam. It's a small circuit board held in by two screws - take them out, and the switch and spring should come right out. The vintage '80s switches can usually be (carefully) pulled apart and cleaned. There's a slightly concave round plate that sits inside, which can be cleaned along with the contact points in the switch housing. Then put the round plate back in (curved side up), push the top bit back on and stick the whole thing back in place.

bertramladner

Gold Supporting Member
The switch is located in the battery compartment, under the foam. It's a small circuit board held in by two screws - take them out, and the switch and spring should come right out. The vintage '80s switches can usually be (carefully) pulled apart and cleaned. There's a slightly concave round plate that sits inside, which can be cleaned along with the contact points in the switch housing. Then put the round plate back in (curved side up), push the top bit back on and stick the whole thing back in place.
Tack!

bertramladner

Gold Supporting Member
I fixed the foot switch.
Do you know how I can adjust the trimpots?

stinkfoot

I fixed the foot switch.
Do you know how I can adjust the trimpots?
Good! About the trimpots - the only advice I can give is "don't". They are there to fine-tune the clock chips (to compensate for tolerances in surrounding components), and will generally need to be set using an oscilloscope. Adjusting them on the fly will most often lead to a pedal that simply doesn't work.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom