• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vintage Bob Moog-Designed Maestro Pedals on a Metro 24

S. S. Bender

That is retro-badass to the bone. I'm really old, (56) and remember when those things were new and I couldn't afford them at that point. Those side-mounted foot-control-capable potentiometers were ahead of their time, and they still are! :D

Last edited:

Black_Label

figured I'd make a little 3 pedal grab & go lol:

Anyone else use these things? They're friggin' huge but they sound fantastic. Powered with a Cioks DC5 underneath because 2 of them require 12v to get the lights going.
LOL. Cool, but LOL.

71strat

I love MOOG, and have many of the new 1s on my board.

The pedals are

Fuzz/Sustain

Phaser

Para Filter

• Height
    controls the amount of boost of the selected frequency
  • Freq
    controls the center frequency of the filter
  • Filter Bandwidth
    selects the width of the band-pass filter:
    • Overdrive:
      • Sharp
      • Med
    • Natural:
      • Broad
      • Med
      • Sharp

These pedals also aint cheap.

mrfett

What effects are they?
They're all old Maestro pedals that you turn on by stomping on the whole case; it's one big button. The Parametric Filter is a parametric eq pedal that also has an overdrive built in. The Stage Phaser has two fixed speed settings but also a "variable" setting that lets you choose the speed yourself. You control the Depth with the "Balls" control. The Fuzztain is a fuzz with a compressor built-in. In "Sustain" mode the fuzz is off.

Black_Label

i sent the pic to a friend to show what i'd just finished, and his response was "why". My reply was "because". This board and my '81 LPC together weigh more than some people's pedals/guitar/amp combined lol.
I feel like this is over-the-top on the level of Steve Vai's 3-neck guitar.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I'm just not 100% sure how the zip ties coordinate with the fact that you compress the WHOLE PEDAL to turn it on/off?

mrfett

I'm just not 100% sure how the zip ties coordinate with the fact that you compress the WHOLE PEDAL to turn it on/off?
they all have feet on the bottom of them, so there's a little room for it to compress. you step on the pedal and it gives a bit; the whole thing is like a big button. they aren't great candidates for velcro.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom