• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vintage combo amps with 4x10

ahcleinad

Is there a list of amps that run 4x10? Was looking at Super Reverb, but was wondering if there were any other vintage, not well known amps with that configuration!

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
yeah, the amp that I think is the best ever vintage amp is that config, the aforementioned bassman.

I don't know of any others that are 4 10, though.

65DuoSonic

Ampeg made one, a V4 head into a 4x10, IIRC - VT-40?

Good call, but I believe The V4 is a 100 watt head while the VT-40 combo is a 4x10 combo version of the V2 (60 watt) head. I'd love one of those early VT-40s with the toploading chassis. Steve Winwood plays his non-reverse Firebird V through one in the Traffic Live in Santa Monica 1972 video; it sounds superb.

paulbearer

Half power switch and master gives you some really good tone.
Every time I think I'm going to sell it, I just can't.
great cleans, sweet overdrive, plenty of power.
Decent values too.

ahcleinad

I've heard great things about the VT-40 and used to own a V4. How much are these in the market for nowadays?

Rick51

Wait... did you actually Bing something?

:spit
Guilty. I use bing.com for my home page because I like the photo-of-the-day they put up. Used to use Google.com, but too much Google BS pops up everywhere, use it as little as possible now.

Rumors of War

Silver Supporting Member
I just picked up a VT40 for $400. It's at the tech right now and that will prolly run $250. Not bad for a great sleeper of an amp. Stones, Faces, Winwood (as mentioned). I sold my Super to get it and I'm stoked as I've wanted one for ages.

Chukster

These areen't all vintage amps, but there are 4x10's available:
1. Traynor YACV80 is / was available in a 4x10 config - nice amp.
2. I had an Ampeg VT40 back in the day - loved it, but it blew up several times and weighed a TON!
3. Inexpensive sleeper: Peavey Classic 50 4x10: I had one of these when I also had a bassman reissue and a 90s Blues Deville 4x10, and I liked the Peavey the best for all-around bar band gigs.

65DuoSonic

I just picked up a VT40 for $400. It's at the tech right now and that will prolly run $250. Not bad for a great sleeper of an amp. Stones, Faces, Winwood (as mentioned). I sold my Super to get it and I'm stoked as I've wanted one for ages.
Cool. Seems like a really good deal, even with the tech bill tacked on. A lot of great players used 'em back in the day. Let us know how you like it; I've been wanting one for a while, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom