Vintage guitar ads.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Yamaha 350, May 18, 2020.

1. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

2. Tunesketcher

Tunesketcher Member

Amazing to think this is now considered Vintage..original San Dimas era..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KiwiRocker and MkIII Renegade like this.
  3. jvin248

jvin248 Member

[​IMG]

This may have been the guitar Santana was playing just before PRS convinced him to play theirs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bill Lawrence designed the pickups and the rotary switch circuit
    Ergonomics are very much SG in flavor with the bridge position causing an extra long neck feel.
    The necks are 60s-style skinny and thus not my thing.

MkIII Renegade likes this.
  4. rednoise

rednoise Member

I had one of these back in the day. At the time I thought it was too bright and "plinky" and didn't sustain well. In retrospect I think I was trying to make it be something it wasn't and if I had it now I could probably get some good sounds out of it.

Baxtercat likes this.
  5. cnasc

cnasc Member

Well I was a kid when those ads were on, so it’s vintage to me!

Funny story, my younger brother fell in love with guitar after seeing these ads. His next birthday, he got the kit with guitar and VHS tape, then moved on to electric, took proper lessons and all that. Then he lost interest, and one day I picked up his Washburn Strat clone and then I got the bug and I’m still playing today!

6. Man_on_the_Silva_Mountain

Man_on_the_Silva_Mountain Member

Can't lie .. I dig'em ... lotta tones in that instrument just dying to be released .. These things have Multiple Personality Disorder .. And it's a "plus" .. But .. Its just not suited to high gain applications .. Hardrockers and metalheads need not apply .. BUT they are workhorses .. Sounded great through my friend's Fender Super and Bassman .. Really cool and chimey .. The stereo chorus added a nice touch through my Roland JC and ... I liked it through my friend's old school Mesa with the 15" Altec .. But the studio critters (you know? .. The people that always seem to lounge about at their friend that has an elaborate studio) were overly critical .. These guitars get a bad rap .. people often complain about how they feel but I found myself getting so much out of this guitar with each turn of the dial in either direction that I am just willing to overlook EVERYTHING ... it's a great guitar to have laying around in the studio because it can do so much .. My friend wishes he hung on to his

7. Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob Supporting Member