Vintage guitar shops with best selection?

doc

Silver Supporting Member
Lets say I have decided I'm interested in buying a specific vintage electric guitar that is kind of uncommon - not the usual hunt for a Les Paul, Strat or Gibson L7. It would be great to find one in Nashville, and I plan to call the stores there that don't have inventory on the web (like Gruhns). After that, I'd like to go online and check inventory of the bigger shops across the country that are likely to have something. I'm aware of a couple - Elderly Instruments, Lark Street Music, and Mandolin Bros. Who else should I check with? Any obscure shops in Nashville area I might miss?

Velvet_Jones

if you ever end up in the Hot Springs Arkansas area Guido's Hot Springs Music Co. is a great spot. Guido is a good guy and has really reasonably priced gear. I think he sells stuff online too.

Sprinter

Willies American Guitars in St. Paul, Minnesota. Willies is a great store with a good staff.

MBJW

Silver Supporting Member
Killer Vintage in St. Louis

I lived in LA off and on for about 9 years and got used to the attitude of the guitar store personnel -- not everywhere, but you know what I mean. So when I went into Killer Vintage for the first time about one month ago, I went in prepared to get the attitude I'd find at California Vintage, Norman's Rare Guitars and TrueTone.

But there was none. Great guys there. No pressure to buy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom