• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vintage Ibanez Artist ?

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked up a nice old Ibanez Artist guitar. Can anyone help with dating or links to info please? Seems like a solid guitar.
Serial is 1900096
Any clue on which model specifically?
Here's a quick picture.

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
I think the first digit is actually an I according to a site someone nicely suggested.
I guess it's an 89, man I thought it was older! Crap. Nice guitar nonetheless.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
I dig it. Those older Ibanez Artist guitars are very cool.:AOK

Congrats!

Caretaker

Platinum Supporting Member
I think the first digit is actually an I according to a site someone nicely suggested.
I guess it's an 89, man I thought it was older! Crap. Nice guitar nonetheless.
It`s still 19 years old. LOL Those are great guitars.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Not made in 1989 or at least not imported to the USA. Better pix, especially of the bridge and tuners will help date it. From what I can make out in the photo I'd concur with the above post.

Old Pucker

The letter 'I' indicates the month (Sept). The following two numbers are the year of manufacture.

Southbay - yours is indeed a '77.

If Jack's ser # is I900096, then it may have been made in 1990 (assuming they kept the same serial numbering system from the 70s & 80s).

Cheers,

OP

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
I guess they switched numbering system in 86 or 87. Man, I dunno!
Anyone else?
When I looked at a few sites, I came up with '89 or '90.

Guitartim

You've got an early (possibly transition model) '89 'Artstar' AR 200BK.

The narrow-waisted headstocks indicate an Artstar model of the late 80's early 90's. The Artstar neck profiles were usually a bit slimmer than the former 'Artist' series. All are great guitars for the money. Enjoy!

Trending Topics