• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Vintage pedals that just haven't gone up in value.......

Burstbucker

I have an old red ROSS flanger from probably the late 70s, it has a big heavy enclosure, four big control knobs and runs on 120 volts. And oh yeah, it sounds great. Thick and vintage-y analog goodness.

But do you think that I can get any kind of money trying to sell this thing locally? Nope? Even if I list it for quite a bit less then a modern-day flanger, it still doesn't get any interest.

Strange huh? I guess that most people aren't into vintage flangers, well not the ROSS ones at any rate. Dang!

I guess I'll just hang onto it.

bratch

Yes, those are good flangers, and the newer ones only can get 'close enough'.

But you should know why no one wants it. Is it small or has a famous person cut a track with it?

gripweed

People use the term vintage to refer to old musical equipment. However vintage also has a meaning of high quality. Not all old equipment is of high quality. I'm not saying that your Ross isn't high quality, but it is possible for "vintage" equipment not to be seen as high quality or at least not desirable at any given point. Be happy, it sounds like you've got a sleeper!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Actually the Ross is based on the MXR Flanger, which is also not that valuable (a little more than the Ross, perhaps).

Glitch Magnet

I love my Ross Red. People who have it tend to love it. But not a lot of people know about it, so you may have to wait for the right buyer. Probably best to put it on the TGP emporium and see what people offer in cash or trade.

Honestly, it's worth a lot for its Reticon chip alone!

1973Marshall

Sadly everything has gone up and eBay has made it worse, esp in pawn shops... even crappy Big Muffs I got for $30 are now $200 - wth???

Still find beaten up Thomas Organ Wah Wah's cheap, many don't know what they are. Older EHX stuff can go cheap, newer is cheap too lol. What else? A lot of 90s MXR is unwanted as are a lot of old ADA devices and rackmounts. Lexicon Reverbs like the LXP1 are a steal and sound great in an effects loop like on the Bogner Shiva.

superslidetail

Silver Supporting Member
The only Ross that's worth a good bit of money is their original grey compressor. A lot of clones came from that original box which has driven it's desirability up.

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
The Ross Phaser is another one. very warm and always cheap when available.

The EHX Small Stone is another inexpensive vintage classic that sounds so warm and hard to beat..

Burstbucker

Yes Mike,

Since the resale value just isn't there and it just happens to be a great sounding flanger, I'll likely just keep the dang thing. Thanks!

I just wish that you could control the effect volume, the volume level seems to drop when the effect is engaged, that's kind of a drag.

papersun

Every pawn shop in the nation has about 20 DOD Supra Distortions that have yet to be in demand.

Trending Topics