Vintage rack gear

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by Mr.Dan, Apr 1, 2020.

1. bigtone23

bigtone23 Member

I recently put together a 2 space rack for a specific purpose--80s Rockman tones. It has a late 80s Rockman Sustainor 200 dual IC and Rockman Stereo Chorus with a early to mid 80s Effectron ADM1020 for the delay--it's blue, so it looks great with the Rockman stuff.
    Now it has my interest piqued a little and I would like to find a nicely maintained MP1 and maybe a SPX90 for the 80s non Rockman thing. I really enjoyed my MP1 back then and surely would again.

2. GibsonGeek

GibsonGeek Member

So I posted about this in another thread a while back. A family member is clearing out a 60s-70s pop star’s storage units. So far it’s been like a pop star yard sale, kinda fun to watch the photos come in. Fancy tea cups, custom made boots, household goods, etc. My gf even bought some of the tea cups for her collection.

[​IMG]
    Custom boots, complete with assorted hundreds and hair pieces.

So today, the photos started moving in a more musical direction. I got the “Hey what should I do with this stuff?” text.

[​IMG]
    Note the Evantide Eclipse and 1176LN.

[​IMG]
    Barco EMT 248 at the bottom.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    James likes this.
  3. Mr.Dan

Mr.Dan Member

Just curious , I have a helix that I use. But I don‘t use the modelling side, I use my plexi style amp, suhr reactive load and stereo out. The helix gives me the stereo effects in parallel and the IRs for my amp. I don‘t use and need a million amps....If I get a stereo power amp it should do the trick as well...the helix can take line level if needed...with the power amp I could always use the amp cranked and adjust the stage volume of the two cabs....

4. 12ax7heaven

12ax7heaven Member

I highly recommend Slemmons for servicing an SDD-3000.

http://www.slemmons.com/

Dashface likes this.
  5. jb4674

jb4674 Member

I hope you gave the friend $500 for all the old stuff to help him out, lol

6. Craig101

Craig101 Member

Roland gs6, dod 430 stereo eq , mesa boogie 50/50

7. GibsonGeek

GibsonGeek Member

Haha I wish. I would absolutely love to have a couple of those pieces. Out of my league I’m afraid. I gave them some pricing tips to help them out, they’re good people. They won’t sit on this stuff and hold out for top dollar. I know they would rather sell it sooner than later. From what I’m told, there’s a lot more coming.

For my small project studio, I just want a good compressor, preamp, and a nice vintage mic. That’s the only difficulty in seeing some of this unused gear pass in front of me. It’s right there, I just can’t touch it haha.

8. tms13pin

tms13pin Member

My 90's rig was an ADA MP2 into a BOSS SE-50 (multi-f/x)/NS-50(noise suppressor) into a Marshall 8008 Valvestate SS power amp (I really loved how this amp sounded, for a SS amp), and then into my own home-built cabs with Celestion G12T-75's. I think I got a really nice stereo sound and it was very flexible. Still have the SE-50/NS-50 pair in their rack tray. I have a Lexicon LXP-1/5 pair in a rack tray w/ a MRC I'm thinking about selling off and a TC-Elect M300 rack f/x unit too as I just don't use them anymore, though I'm having trouble talking myself into parting with that SE/NS pair as I'm a bit nostalgic about them.

9. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

I'm re-wiring my 4x12 cab so I can run it "quadraphonic" - basically four speaker inputs.
    I'll run the bottom two speakers from one amp 8 ohms per side, as a dry signal.
    The top two speakers will be powered by a stereo power amp, with a processed sound on one side, and dry on the other.

10. drfrankencopter

drfrankencopter Member

The Emt 248 is a cool reverb...jump on it if it’s working.

The rest of the stuff isn’t vintage...just old. That’s a 2x1176 which is early 2000’s; still has value. The eclipse still has value. The auto tune rack unit is interesting...but not likely desirable. Adat and Dat machine equally undesirable.