• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vintage remastered live Zeppelin songs

harpinon

I recently heard an excellent live Zeppelin song somewhere. I feel stupid bringing it up when I dont remember what song it was but I remember figuring I had it at home...I don't.
Its not the original t.s.r.t.s. track. Its not the newer Celebration Day track. It was vintage. The sonics were extremely dynamic...obviously a modern remaster and I could tell by Plants voice it was from the 70's.

Any ideas of what I might have been hearing?

AxeLover

Rush? Just kidding. I'm quite intrigued by that actually. Maybe something from How The West Was Won?

The Primary

It must be from the double DVD set, How The West Was Won, or the remastered and extended The Song Remains The Same album. Or a very good bootleg?

harpinon

So you don't remember where you heard it? I mean radio stations would hardly play a bootleg. So it must have been something released officially.
I remember where I heard it. At a seafood restaurant. Really. But thats besides the point. It wasn't on the radio...they had some sort of Muzak or something.
Just saying I don't remember which song. I know it wasn't one of the common played to death songs like rock n roll.

AxeLover

I remember where I heard it. At a seafood restaurant. Really. But thats besides the point. It wasn't on the radio...they had some sort of Muzak or something.
Just saying I don't remember which song. I know it wasn't one of the common played to death songs like rock n roll.
Haha. Maybe it was Dancing Days off How The West Was Won. It's the only official release it was on. The solo in that song is pretty much the main riff, just played with wah.

Could also be What Is & What Should Never Be.

goodsal

Silver Supporting Member
How the West Was Won sounds better than any other live Zep recording in terms of sound quality and playing. Much better than TSRTS IMHO.

Flogger59

There was a BBC release that sounded good, some of that was from 1971, or maybe audio from the Led Zeppelin DVD, that had video from Denmark 69, RAH 1970, MSG 1973, Earl's Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979.

huw

I was going to suggest the BBC Sessions disc - covers the period from '69 to '71. Or possibly the remastered version of TSRTS, which is different to the original release.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom