Sold Vintage Sano 20wr Guitar Amp Head - 20 watts, all tube, PTP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs Emporium' started by mabnotes, Jan 12, 2019.

1. mabnotes

mabnotes Supporting Member

Selling my vintage (late 60's) Sano 20WR guitar amp. This was originally a large combo that I had a custom head cab made to use as a separate head. Ready to pair with the 8 ohm speaker cabinet of your choice.

Sano was an offshoot from the original makers of Ampeg and the hand construction of the circuits is well in that early Ampeg tradition. As shown in the pics, all circuitry is old-school point-to-point and/or terminal strip. This is all analog and tube work at its finest.

The amp has 4 inputs, the left most channel being more of a full frequency hi-fi sound. More bass and slightly more volume and break-up available. The right most channel offers a sort of bright channel on input 3 and a darker channel on input 4. Both channels can be jumped for more volume, tonal mix and breakup. The Bass and Treble controls are of a Baxandall design, the tube driven long-tank spring reverb is very deep and lush, and the pre-set speed of the tube tremolo is right in the middle and the knob controls the intensity.

This has a good amount of volume as it is a 20 watt amp. The tube complement is 5Y3, pair of 7591, 12AU7, 3 12AX7's, 7199

There are a couple of small issues that can probably be fixed fairly easily, but I am no amp tech. I have been told it most likely needs new filter caps or a new tube or 2 somewhere along the line. The left most input does not work, though it is designed to accept a TRS Stereo cable. That alone is most likely the reason no sound comes out when plugged in there with a regular guitar cable. The other 3 inputs work without issue. Also, there is a snowy / static-y like sound with an occasional pop that comes in and out under the guitar sound, intermittently, not all the time, while the amp is in use. I was told this is most likely old filter caps?

The head cab was handcrafted custom for this amp by Bob Fusco in upstate NY. He is the same cab builder that made all the cabs for the Park Amps reissue and many other OEM cabinets. Top notch workmanship, solid pine, very well made.

TRADED includes Paypal fees and shipping in CONUS. Please ask any questions you may have...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    MoarGear likes this.
  2. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

is it in Brooklyn? thanks

mabnotes likes this.
  3. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Cool amp.

Good luck with your sale.

mabnotes likes this.
  4. mabnotes

mabnotes Supporting Member

Currently in Knoxville... can ship with expert packing.