Vintage Vibe Pickups

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tnt365, Jan 25, 2012.

1. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Anyone use these? I just ordered some and my tech told me that they ended his search for vintage-authentic sounding single coils. I got 5% overwound. Here is the site:

http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/pickup_sc.html#

I'll report back when I get my guitar. I'm replacing the stock pickups in my G&L Legacy (Strat style).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  2. triviani

triviani Supporting Member

I put VV pickups to my CIJ Jaguar and didn't bother again to try another pickups for that guitar.

His customer service is also outstanding!.

3. Bluesrocker99

Bluesrocker99 Member

I had one of his P90 size humbuckers, outstanding pickup!
    Good to deal with too.

4. mwittoesch

mwittoesch Member

In my opinion, Vintage Vibe P90s are some of the best availabe today.

5. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

I had a Thorell FV with a vintage vibe floating pickup and really liked the sound of it.

6. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Member

I had a set of VV single coil size P-90's in a USA Reverend and they were awesome...Pete is a great guy to deal with too...

7. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Thanks for the replies so far, really looking for someones opinion on the Single Coils (and Humbuckers too). I'm glad to hear such positive feedback, and I can confirm that Pete's customer service is top notch, replied to my purchase within 20 minutes!

8. Franklin

Franklin Member

I have not tried his regular s/c, but the P90s are amazing!

9. DRS

DRS Member

I have a VV humbucker in my Les Paul. I really like it. I have a VV CC in another guitar. Also good.

10. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

I have a set of his SP90's in one of my Strats...killer p'ups! Pete's a great guy too!

11. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

12. spence

spence Member

Pete made me a humbucker for my Tele Custom. He made it to fit the existing pickup cover. I told him what I was looking for and he hit the nail on the head. Great pickups, great service, great guy. What else do you need?

13. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

UPDATE: Ended up loving the VVG Single Coils I put into the G&L Legacy I owned for a little while. Recently I've looking around for SCs to replace the stock pickups in my Fender American Standard Strat. At $71 a piece the VVG pickups are a no brainer. I thought maybe I would try something else but nothing is near the price of the VVG's, and the VVG's absolutely nail vintage strat tone.

I'm going 10% overwound this time, last time I went 5%. I was skeptical of getting overwound pickups because I didn't want any mud or for them to be too dark. It turned out that at 5% overwound they still sounded very much like low-output pickups: bright and chimey highs, piano-like lows. At 10% I'm hoping for a slightly darker sound (to balance with my bright setup) and a little more sizzle/umph on the low-notes. I highly recommend these pickups, very good at any price point, at $71 they are definitely one of the best bang-for-the-buck pickups available.