• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

VIRGIL ARLO a story of Amazing customer service

Gookiecrunch

So... heres a story about amazing customer service...

I sold a pair of my pickups on reverb, they sold in a matter of 1.5 hrs. For 370. The customer received them and for some reason the neck pickup didn't work. When they worked fine in my (fender) strat just before shipping. I would never sell something that was defective like that. The customer emailed me that the neck pick was bad. I corresponded with him and Virgil Arlo the manufacturer over the last 10 hrs. (Originally got the email last night at 10 pm) virgil arlo responded at 7 am this morning, and by 12 the issue had been resolved.
They had a possible fix which was to resolder the points on the pickup just to make sure the connection didn't go bad.
The customer tried that solution (hes and electrical something or other) so his soldering skills are good.(I assume lol) anyways that didn't resolve the ol voltmeter reading.
These pickups are going on 2.5 years old now, well out of any normal warranty most any company has.
Virgil Arlo are now sending them a brand new full set no questions asked. Sending them straight to the used buyer and also will cover any issues they have in the future like they bought them directly from them. That to me is unreal customer service and something that blows me away. I fully expected to have to at least buy a new neck pickup from them. But no they are covering everything including shipping. That's good customer service. I can't say enough good things about this company. All my dealings with them have simply been amazing.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, nice, that is really above and beyond what anyone could expect for service. Great to hear stories of companies who stand behind what they build!

Gookiecrunch

Wow, nice, that is really above and beyond what anyone could expect for service. Great to hear stories of companies who stand behind what they build!
Right? Just unreal. So worthy of a post cause 99.9% of companies would make you pay for something parts, diagnosis, shipping... but nothing just pure service. And putting a customer first.. and a used buyer at that. I can't reccomend them enough aside from the fact that they're absolutely amazing pickups! I have 0 regret in purchasing them. Once my new ones come in. (I'm getting some tele pickups) and had (prior to selling these) I'll have 3 sets from them.
Oh to boot I've bought 2 strat sets... the ones I sold were in my fender strat which I couldn't play anymore. (too thin of a neck) so the reason I sold them is cause Virgil arlo said whatever I sold them for they would sell me a tele set for that price. Which is amazing in the first place! Just love this company.

Trending Topics