1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Virtual Guitar! Build your dream Axe!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Fishin'Musician, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Fishin'Musician

Fishin'Musician Member

I know most of you guys have seen it before but I just love messin' around on USA Custom Guitars "Virtual Guitar" feature on their website.
    Here's what I came up with today:
    [​IMG]

2. bynt

bynt Member

Wow. I'll take it!!!! I've never messed with it before. I'm sure I'll kill some valuable time now that I know about it. That's sharp.

3. Tweedledee

Tweedledee Member

Nice! I've used those virtual guitar builders to see what my MIJ Fender Strat/Tele hybrid would look like if I refinished it. It's a pretty useful tool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. eric-d

eric-d Member

Here's a couple p-90'd hollow tele's I came up with.

[​IMG]

5. AndrewSimon

AndrewSimon Member

If I could only play it after I'm done "building" it.

[​IMG]

:horse

6. Doodad

Doodad Member

Did this in photoshop, but something I was thinking about:

[​IMG]

7. Joe324

Joe324 Member

[​IMG]

I like thinlines and silver burst can you tell :)

No other bridge works on the strat without the pickguard. but i still think it looks good :AOK

8. mikenixon316

mikenixon316 Member

can i have a link to the site please?

9. Fishin'Musician

Fishin'Musician Member

Sweet you guys!
    Where do you get the Fender headstock? Who else has this Virtual Guitar dealio?

10. johnmfer

johnmfer Member

The USACG people used this system: http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

I have wanted to build this one for a while now. It would have Fralin P-92s, an Allparts SMO-Fat neck with tru-oil finish, Hipshot hardtail bridge, mahogany body, four way switching.

[​IMG]

11. Joe324

Joe324 Member

Just a Little Trick. Go on Pick ups and choose "CatEar Black/White" :)

12. ARch

ARch Member

I've been writing them letters for years to no avail... maybe now someone will finally build my axe! Why does NOBODY do flesh-colored hockey headstocks?

[​IMG]

And my real answer. I already have a beautiful blueburst S-500 w/ white and chrome hardware... wouldn't mind the black hardware version to match. Also neat to see what the matching headstock would look like.

[​IMG]

13. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Your guitar making privaleges have been revoked mister! That first one hurt my brain...hahaha

14. qwer

qwer Member

How did you save the picture? i cant save the picture. I've designed my own many times, but cant save it for my viewing pleasure.

15. ARch

ARch Member

Hit the prnt scrn button to take a snapshot of what's on your screen, then open a program like MSPaint and go to Edit -> Paste (or ctrl+v for short) to paste it into the program.

Crop it, save it, and upload it to some sort of webhost like www.imageshack.us

16. Joe324

Joe324 Member

[​IMG]

Poor Mans PRS :D Prs paint job on a Telecaster. Just wear a black shirt and keeps the lights lower :)

17. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Found this site too, and hmm...what do you think of this baby? May want to go with a typical Tele ashtray and saddles, but still use the bigsby...

[​IMG]

18. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Member

Here's a link to the main page.

http://www.nymphusa.com/tele/

Click on the "KISEKAE Virtual Guitar Modeling System" link on the left side of the page.

It's called "Kisekae", which is named after a game that Japanese girls play with paper dolls, changing the clothes and stuff. So she wrote a program to do the same with guitars.

There's Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, Jackson Soloist and RR, and Ibanez RG and Jem, and others.

It's a great time waster, but be careful at work because before you know it you'll have spent 3 hours creating guitars and not gotten any work done!

To save the picture, just hit ctrl+print screen. This will copy your whole screen to the clipboard. Then open Paint or another image editor, hit Edit|Paste, and crop to just the guitar image.