Visual Sound 1 Spot Powering Line 6 Tonecore Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Catoogie, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

I just when to the Visual Sound website to check out some info on the 1 Spot. One of the pedals I want to power with it is a Line 6 Rotomachine, at the bottom of the 1 Spot page it says the following.

"A 1SPOT can be used with one Tone Core Pedal with only a minimal amount of noise."

Does anyone here have any experience with this? How much noise is "minimal"?

When it says one Tone Core pedal I'm assuming using a DL4 along with the Rotomachine won't cause more noise?

2. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

i have a line 6 uber metal and a line 6 echo park...the echo park is noisy as hell with my 1 spot, so I power it with its own adapter...the uber metal is not, so I am able to put it in the 1-spot daisy chain...as far as I can tell I think it depends on the other pedals on the 1 spot...seems different combinations are noisier than others

3. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

4. stairs

stairs Member

my echopark was noisy as well going with 1spot, but there is total silence with the verbzilla, could not tell any difference using it with other power sources

5. JVania

JVania Member

I love my one spot it is ultra quiet for me but I am running all traditionally (boss style 9v) powered pedals.

6. Woody777

Woody777 Member

No noise at all with my Verbzilla and One Spot.

7. bmorelli

bmorelli Member

+1, i even tried the verbzilla on its own power supply and i couldn't tell any diff vs. being daisy chained.

8. jleung

jleung Member

I also have a Verbzilla and there doesn't seem to be noise when using it with the One Spot. I think some of the other Tonecore pedals may not be as quiet using the One Spot (my friend had noise issues with the Echo Park as well).

9. Zim

Zim Member

Oh Wow, I had the Line6 Chorus that I was powering w/ the 1Spot, had no idea it would make noise, let it go cheap thinking it was messed up., lol Oh well.

10. TimH

TimH Member

The early Echo Parks are known to be noisy period. The newer ones are supposedly not noisy. I'll let you know in a bit as I've got a new one on route to me and will power it with a 1Spot or Powerall.

11. jzero

jzero Member

My echo park and tap tremolo together are noisy with the one-spot when used with my Bluesbreaker and Bluesdriver pedals. Sound is better but not perfect when used with my Vox Bulldog instead. I've not had a chance to separate the Tonecore pedals as they're screwed down at the moment.

12. Ros

Ros Silver Supporting Member

I thought I read that early generations of the dock had problems with shared grounds like the one spot and they then fixed the problem with later docks. The two Line 6 tone core pedals I use (Compressor and echo park) both need separate adapters. :(

-R.

13. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

I have a couple of the earliest Tonecore pedals... beta versions that were pre-release, and I've never been able to reproduce the noise problems that have been mentioned. I'm not sayng they do not happen - I'm sure they do - but I tried a lot of combinations and could not get the noise to appear. See the details of my testing on my Tonecore page:

http://www.muzique.com/line6.htm

Bottom line is that some work fine and some have noise, and I don't think anyone can predict it in advance. :)

regards, Jack

14. southpaw pete

southpaw pete Member

Yeah, I had a space chorus, and if it were on any daisy chain (1 spot and others) it would be noisy, but on it's own (with 1 spot, or with others as well) it was nice and quiet. My wife has the echo park, and it is nice and quiet even in the daisy chain with others. Like others have mentioned - some are noisy, some aren't.

15. musicwack

musicwack Member

I power my echo park along with a verbzilla and a few other pedals, all powered by a 1 spot and have no complaints of noise. I bought my echo park back in December, so it must have something to do with the more recent pedals.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010