Visual Sound One-Spot and Pedal Compatibility

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Catoogie, May 31, 2008.

1. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

I'm putting a pedalboard together for my new gig and I want to pick up a One Spot to power my pedals. Can someone with experience with the One Spot please tell me if it will work with the following pedals and/or what adapters I will need?

Thanks

Ghetto Stomp
    Hellbilly
    Yamaha Magic Stomp
    Rotomachine
    Ibanez Tube King
    Nobels ODR1
    Dynacomp
    Line6 DL4
    Korg G4 Leslie Simulator
    Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo
    Boss DM2
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face (is the One Spot 9-volt adapter a good idea?)

2. Frank B

Frank B Member

I'm sure plugs are available for most of the pedals but don't the one spot will carry the Korg and the magic stomp though. I'd look into a more robust unit like the old Juicebox series

3. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

Other than the ground loops created by running all your pedals off a non isolated supply, the onespot should work fine given the following.

All pedals are meant to run off of 9vdc, draw less than the rated current combined, and are all either positive ground, or negative ground, but not both.

Most modern pedals are negative ground, but not all of them are. I'm pretty sure the line6 is meant to run off 9VAC not DC, but i could be mistaken.

4. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

Tonequest Report did a review/piece on the One-Spot and seemed to answer most of the concerns I think most people have.

My question is regarding the adapters needed for the pedals listed.

Thanks!!

5. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

I just basically answered your question... or at least gave you the info you need to answer it your self. turn your pedals over, and look at the bottom. add up the mA draw of each to make sure it isn't more than the onespot can handle. Make sure they all say 9VDC. if they dont say 9VDC on them then they will not work with the onespot. In other words, make sure you arent trying to run your lawnmower off diesel.

I am 99% certain that the following will not work with a one spot, or any other 9VDC power supply.
    Yamaha Magic Stomp. I believe this requires a 12VAC power supply.
    Line6 DL4 i believe this requires a 9VAC supply

I'm suspicious of the following.
    Korg G4 Leslie Simulator- I'm pretty sure these came with their own power supply, which means there's a good change it's not 9 volts and might actually be AC. Look on the back of the unit to confirm.

No idea on these.
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face- I think they have slapped jimi's name on a few different fuzzes. I think the most recent ones are negative ground, but others may have been positive.
    Ibanez Tube King- I always thought tubekings had an internal power supply and plugged straight in to AC.

The following should work fine with the one spot, and I am 99% sure are all negative ground.
    Ghetto Stomp
    Hellbilly
    Rotomachine
    Nobels ODR1
    Dynacomp
    Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo
    Boss DM2