Vito Bratta

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Pidgin English, Aug 6, 2019.

1. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

horrific... even the solo. this is what i'm talking about, the simplest paint-by-numbers songwriting with an out of place guitar solo slapped on top of it. that is the legacy of hair metal right there. this is just as bad as any of the "crap" that gets played today that all the 70s/80s guys complain about. this is absolutely bottom of the barrel, though somehow i actually remember this song and feel like i've heard it somewhat recently.

White Lion isn't bad at all compared to that, 'Wait' is a pretty decent song.

rnm14 and drlucky like this.
  2. Dasein

Dasein Member

John - is there anything about Dokken you didn't love? And do you have any Dokken posters at your home today? (I'll admit my room used to be covered in EVH posters etc.... these days - nada one).

I Am Misery likes this.
  3. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

serious question - what have you actually heard from Glenn Danzig besides 'Mother'?

drlucky likes this.
  4. Dasein

Dasein Member

You are way wrong about this song and solo ..... the only thing out of place there and extraneous is the tapping in the middle - otherwise it's pretty compositional... ... But Lynch's claim to fame was he was tapping simultaneous or prior to Eddie so this was him trying to get his due before history forgot him. It's a decent enough song for the genre - the solo is pretty well constructed musically - if anything it's a little too obviously constructed. There's a pretty good integration of both guitars and keys, the vocals are pretty good - and the video is "fun". Nothing to crap all over.

PBGas likes this.
  5. Dasein

Dasein Member

Thankfully The only Danzig I've ever heard was the slap upside the head he took in that hallway that was all over the net 10 years ago.... I just needed to look at him to know I didn't want to hear anything. I don't listen to guys who look like they wrestle for the WWE..... with one exception....: Andre for the win!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

PBGas likes this.
  6. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

[​IMG]

oh, that's funny. real funny. i guess i shouldn't have expected more. (he really did deserve that though.)

you're really missing out. the guy was a brilliant pop songwriter and lyricist. no joke. he could sing pretty well too.

here's one for you:

drlucky likes this.
  7. Dasein

Dasein Member

Ya - I missed him - and was out of the country and unable to access music a lot when Danzig was a band so I didn't even casually hear him.

8. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

i'd be curious to hear what you think of the first two or three Danzig albums. plenty of cool solos on those.

Danzig (the band) is pretty standard heavy blues rock though, when i speak of brilliant pop hooks and lyrics i'm thinking more Misfits and Samhain. not much of anything in the way of guitar solos on that stuff though.

drlucky likes this.
  9. RonH

RonH Member

I have heard some of The Misfits, Samhain, and the solo stuff. I have heard enough to know I don't want to hear anymore. :) I say to each his own though.

PBGas likes this.
  10. s2y

s2y Member

Someone who loves Danzig hates hair metal? Twos of people shocked.

11. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

That would have to be one of the biggest Flying V's ever made! His would be more like this:
    [​IMG]

12. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

You just described pretty much the entire hair metal genre.

Crowder, rnm14 and drlucky like this.
  13. s2y

s2y Member

Dokken makes him happy. Why is that a problem for you?

A while back, you took some pot shots at Don for not taking care of himself. Didn't you injure your hands?

John 14:6 and freedom's door like this.
  14. John 14:6

John 14:6 Member

Sorry no posters and yes there are things they have done that I do not care for. That said, the record they did with Reb Beach was great and he is awesome live.....Though I am sure you are much better player. You and the misery guy are so funny, you troll just about every thread. It is kind of sad really....

SL_22 and freedom's door like this.
  15. paris is burnin

paris is burnin Member

That ADA pedal cost 550$....u could probably buy an old ADA amp and an power amp for that price....

16. Dasein

Dasein Member

You understand that my comment to @John 14:6 was made in good natured fun? acknowledging how big a fan John is (like uber fan) and making fun of myself for my own EVH posters? At this point John's unabashed Dokken fandom is legendary - like a force of nature - it's also unshakable. To go after Dokken with John in a thread is like assailing a fortress of Paladin warriors fighting a battle for all that is holy.

I've been openly critical of Don for not keeping himself fit yet still trading on people's love and nostalgia for the 80's - pretty valid criticism. If you want to play in the big leagues, you gotta stay in form or you go to the farm teams....

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish bringing up an accident and injury I sustained to my hands in the early 90's that ended my musical career and today still greatly challenges my ability to play. Do we have a beef or something?

17. Dasein

Dasein Member

Just to be clear John -- in case it's not for you - NO one is trolling you. Your fandom of Dokken gets some push back because it's seemingly absolute and there are lots of valid criticisms to be made about Dokken (and their history and place in the rock canon) that are points of discussion to be had that you yourself don't appreciate but others certainly do. Your love for the band is legendary - it should be in your sig. Proselytizers are hardly objective or deal with push back very well but I certainly respect your commitment and love for the band - you wear it on your sleeve and at least that's pretty honest.

I'll be accountable for anything I've ever said on the forum.... by all means hold me accountable. But let's not make it personal --- you guys always get personal.

18. John 14:6

Opinions vary. Life is too short to waste time arguing with someone on the internet over them. Sadly, I still catch myself doing it once in a while. Enjoy your day. :aok

19. John 14:6

See.... I told you I would probably laugh at stuff you thought was good music and singing. Danzig and Samhain? That is hilarious. Glad you like it and WOW... Don't bother wasting your time to post some long winded rant about Dokken sucking and Danzig the elf being brilliant. Though I am fairly confident you will anyway. Opinions vary, but yours in this case would most certainly be wrong. :D

20. Dasein

Dasein Member

Even I'm struggling with the Danzig recommendation, but I promise to listen with as open a mind/ear as I can to to be sure.

John 14:6 likes this.