Vito Bratta

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Pidgin English, Aug 6, 2019.

1. John 14:6

John 14:6 Member

I listened and I am familiar Danzig, Misfits and the rest of his stuff. I do actually like a few of his songs. He is at his best for my taste when he cops his Jim Morrison vibe. But Samhain is a joke to me. To each his/her own. I have respect for John Christ as a guitar player. I remember him saying he came from a jazz background. I think he helped Danzig a lot.

2. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Good to see we're talking about Danzig in a thread about Vito Bratta.

WornFrets and John 14:6 like this.
  3. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

Generally singers range drops to a lower pitch as they age and Dug is one of those people. His voice when properly rested seems richer to me now but not quite as stratospherically high as when he was a 20 year old and you would expect this.

freedom's door and Gasp100 like this.
  4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

The thing that is strange with Dug is that the timbre of his vocal has seemed to have completely changed. It's that just "he can't hit the high notes" anymore. It's as if the character and delivery has changed as well.

freedom's door likes this.
  5. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

Example? I've been looking forward to the new King's X for a while now and am wondering what I am going to hear.

6. uab9253

uab9253 Member

Correct - I saw that tour in my hometown with Vixen opening. It was a really great show. Got to see Vito and Jake E on the same bill. Good times

PBGas and T Dizz like this.
  7. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Member

This is a reasonable write-up of a song that is easy to make fun of. It's pop-rock, so those who can only appreciate SERIOUS MUSIC wouldn't like it. My friends and I were VH fanatics at the time, and even we kind of rolled our eyes at the tapping. Don't know or care who did it first, by the time that song came out it was already getting tired, and the version of it in that solo doesn't really say much of interest. Still, no harm in it, and both the guitar line and the song as a whole have a great 80s vibe. That genre unquestionably descended into some pretty schlocky forms, but as you say, this song was fun.

8. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

That’s right! Vixen was on the bill as well! They were also great. Good times indeed!

uab9253 likes this.
  9. Phrygiandom

Phrygiandom Member

I easily rate VB up there with Dann Huff (my favorite guitarist) in terms of chops/melodic capability. I loved the "raw" tones of the Pride album that seemed to be in stark contrast to subsequent works.

fridgit likes this.
  10. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Had to Google that one.