Vito Bratta

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Pidgin English, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Guitarfool

Guitarfool Supporting Member

Agreed!!

I understand not loving a genre or certain song, etc (I do) but when you REALLY LISTEN to his playing there is such a unique vibe to it, there is some EVH flavor in there and then he went and put his spin on it and took it up a notch or 2. Nuno is of course another guy whos playing on those extreme CD are just off the charts

You cannot just blow it off as another "player" or say you can hear it from another playing, there were not many in Rock music playing like these 2 guys. to me it was just so fun and vibrant

John 14:6 likes this.
  2. sertshark

sertshark Member

Vito Bratta will always be one of my favorite guitarists, ever. Off and on, he was my favorite. Although I LOVED Pride, my cousin and I drove around in my '74 'cuda and listened to Mane Attraction so much you literally couldn't read the words on the cassette any more. It never mattered though, because that album was a clinic from start to finish on what nobody else could ever do on guitar. Yeah, you can learn the notes and mimic it, but no way...

This post once again brings up the question "Where the F**** is this guy?" I've wondered this so often and googled it so much over the years I don't really want to know anymore, because the mystery has now become actually kind of cool. I like the fact that this guy was such a MONSTER, yet he still chooses to remain under the radar. I know one thing, he is somewhere, and something tells me most people couldn't recognize him, unless of course he picked up a guitar with no tuning pegs on the headstock...

3. Vaibhav Joshi

Vaibhav Joshi Member

Haha, I can visualise that without knowing Emmy/Emma.
    Very descriptive. :bong

buddaman71 likes this.
  4. vanderkalin

vanderkalin Member

If that’s all it takes, maybe you should surrender your license. For the good of society.

drlucky likes this.
  5. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

I have to agree re: Dug's voice.
    It hasn't sounded the same to me for almost a decade. In his prime, he is one of my favorite singers ever, and I have nothing but respect for him, but anyone who thinks he's still singing like he did on Faith, Hope, Love or Dogman needs their ears checked.

Also, I think the one thing we've all learned form this thread is that the old saying is true:
    Misery loves company

So, don't feed the troll!

6. tnvol

tnvol Ufologist Silver Supporting Member

Insane player, but for me he blended in with all the other hair bands that had a hotshot guitarist. I did really like the Radar Love cover though. The whole band smoked on that one.

vanderkalin and Pidgin English like this.
  7. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

I remember that at least one of the guitar mags. surmised (by votes) that the solo in Wait was "that" years choice of #1 greatest solos.
    Vito had a ton of respect back then. Even though the singer didn't.
    Vito was always about melody. During a time when most were about flash , speed etc....

8. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Of course, age changes things. Styles change too. My point was that George Lynch plays with a great singer now and I really enjoy the stuff they do together today. Disagree with me? Fine. I'd play with him today the way he sings now in a heartbeat and be glad for the chance.

;)

Nothing wrong with whats happening here, IMO

First and foremost, music to me is an emotional thing, and Dug has kept his end up in making it that way. I'd hate to be one of those people for who it all boils down to "he hit higher notes with more power in 1988". :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019 at 1:34 AM
  9. Supercubziggy

Supercubziggy Member

I know Dug well and i am very biased. Dug isn't 30 anymore and neither am I. What i do know is he has more talent on a bad pass than anything I've done my entire life. Watching him take a pass on bass, guitar, or vocals, is just inspiring. Not only is he a musicians musician but he is genuinely one of the kindest people i have ever met. This guy is a treasure and has a genuine gift. And no, its not 1988 anymore...

jjb, TubeStack, drlucky and 5 others like this.
  10. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

i'd hate to be one of those people that thought Glenn Danzig was doing anything like he was in '88.

11. glockaxis

glockaxis Supporting Member

I'm really digging the KXM stuff a lot.

12. blandy-rhoades

blandy-rhoades Member

loved his tone...im assuming he used one of those ADA MP1s. cheesy for some, but i still love that sound.

John 14:6 and SL_22 like this.
  13. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

14. Artjr

Artjr Member

Vito was awesome, but back in the days you couldn’t admit you liked White Lion. Same goes for Nelson, Winger and Vixon.

Crowder and tnvol like this.
  15. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

And Styx?

Artjr likes this.
  16. Artjr

Artjr Member

Forgot David Lee Roth

17. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Member

love that tele shaped ESP in the video complete with wire cavity and tan lines

18. John 14:6

John 14:6 Member

Reb Beach from Winger is another one of the best players from the era and still is today. I LOVED his stint in Dokken also.

freedom's door likes this.
  19. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

Another solo that always stuck with me like Wait was Steve Lynch in Turn up the Radio.

solo at 3:00

20. Ken Whisler

Ken Whisler Member

Is it just me, or does Vito invoke a LOT of Ritchie Blackmore persona here?

glockaxis likes this.