Vivian Campbell

PaleRider

Guys and gals, Vivian's cancer has returned. He needs all of the thoughts, positive vibes, and if you are so inclined-prayers, sent his way. This is such sad news to those of us who are fans of his playing throughout his career.

He will be absent from the the start of the Def Leppard North American tour as he begins treatment once again. Steve Brown will once again step in to play in his place.

Get well Viv and we'll see you on the road in the future....

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the update , some tunes from Holy Diver popped up on my phone the other day and I still get a kick out of Vivs blistering leads. Hope he can beat this

Last edited:

speedyone

To Vivian,

Praying for you now.

May you overcome every health problem!

Thank you for years of wonderful music.

God Bless You

markedman

Big influence on my playing Vivian was. The guy can tear it up. I hope to see him playing again soon.

Guitarfool

Silver Supporting Member
Cancer sucks.. damnit

Positive thoughts and prayers to Vivian and EVERYONE with this damn disease..

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Was just thinking about him and how his road to recovery was going. Very sad to hear this news, but have full faith that he will best this.

sideburns

Man that sucks--All The Bess to Viv--(Rainbow In The Dark) is probally my fave solo of all time--When I hear that solo over the radio it makes me drive faster and puts a great big smile on my face...Thanks Viv for the most awesome solo Ive ever heard....

This is really bad. He's failed chemo already and recurrent Hodgkins frequently isn't curable

Holy Diver had a strong influence on me. I wish him the best