Vocal/ All Purpose Mic < 300

Stopgo

Hey guys,

Friend of mine is looking for a good mic 300 or less, for basic home recording. He's got an Mbox and wants to record vocals and maybe some acoustic guitar. His wife is getting it for him so nothing too crazy to find, something at G.C. will do. I suggested the Baby Bottle, but I think it's a bit out of her price range . . . Any suggestions would be great!

thanks

Kevin

Studio Projects C1 is a great low cost (~$199) condenser that works well on both vocals and acoustic guitar.

mischultz

The ADK A51SL would also be worth a look. They can be a little harder to track down than the Rode or Studio Projects stuff, but the impact per dollar spent is quite favorable after you clear their base lineup.

I'd also second the Baby Bottle, whose behavior belies its price. You can probably find a used one if you're patient, and they're stunningly good in a minimalist kind of way.

Michael

tedm

try the sm57 and a mxl 990 with shock mount, should be < $170 or so total. Use Mogami or other good cables.

Originally posted by Stopgo
Hey guys,

Friend of mine is looking for a good mic 300 or less, for basic home recording. He's got an Mbox and wants to record vocals and maybe some acoustic guitar. His wife is getting it for him so nothing too crazy to find, something at G.C. will do. I suggested the Baby Bottle, but I think it's a bit out of her price range . . . Any suggestions would be great!

thanks

ari

AKG C3000. A bit top-endy for electric guitar with distortion, but I use it for pretty much everything else.

ari

Trending Topics