Voice processor?

Hush

Gold Supporting Member
The singer in my band wants to add some harmonies while performing (the rest of us are vocally challenged). I see there's the TC Helicon and Digitech Vocalist. Anyone using these live? Suggestions on which to get?

B Money

I haven't used either of those units, but I trust TC quality. Their guitar stuff is top notch.
If your singer doesn't play an instrument, you'll want to split you guitar signal and run a line into the singers vocal processor so that it can figure out they harmony notes on the fly.

EricPeterson

I am using a TC play acoustic live, which has some of the vocalist stuff, the quality is top notch and it is easy to navigate, I don't use the harmonies much, but be sure to adjust the level, it took me a while to get used to it, and if the harmonies are set to high it throws me off, my partner uses a Digitech Vocalist and the harmonies in that are decent as well.

burningyen

IME DigiTech units are more roadworthy (my VoiceLive Play's screen became intermittent and one of the footswitch collars fell off), but I like TC's actual harmony FX better.

Cb

I've got the TC Voicelive Play GTX. I think the harmonies are just OK. Running my guitar signal thru the unit added noise to my guitar rig (lotsa pedals on basic wallwart & splitter power) so I set up patches for the various keys that I want harmonies for instead. I should have bought the plain VLP rather than the -GTX version.

On their forum it was recommended to use super or hyper-cardioid pattern mics to reduce the chance of other instruments on the bandstand 'confusing' the harmony generation.

I'm not familiar with the Digitech.

swiveltung

The Digitech. Mine works flawlessly... I think it's version 4? I don't use it much , but once in a while on a duo or solo gig. My buddy bought another one, not sure if Helicon or Boss? Doesn't like it. BTW... the unit needs a guitar signal, I just run one from my pedal/tuner "thru" output. That's how it knows whether to sing minor or major etc.

Trending Topics