Voltz, pedal power supply

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pold, Sep 2, 2008.

1. pold

pold Member

2. rreiser

rreiser Supporting Member

I purchased the Voltz system about 2 months ago. I had a Furman SPB8-C pedalboard with eight 9 volt outputs. I A/B the Voltz system with Furman for sound quality. I was surprised to find my pedals sounded better with the Voltz system. The ODs sounded more natural , my Dr Scientest reverb became more lush and natural. The Cornish buffer sounded better to me . To me the system is worth it alone for the sound improvement. My whole system runs with less hum. I can also run anything from 9 to 40 volts. I run the Toneczar Dove at 18 volts , the Cornish at 18 volts and the Smoky Signal at 12 volts. The unit comes with tips so you can run a pedal with reverse polarity and they have any size you might need. I have about 11 pedals with tuner , buffer , OD ect. I have found that with all these pedals, the charge lasts about 3 1/2 hours. What I do is plug in the battery before the show and during breaks to recharge the battery.. I have never come close to running out of power. The only downside is organizing the adaptor units underneath the pedalboard . I use velcro on each unit and place them strategically under the TrailerTrash pedalboard. I then drilled holes near a pair of pedals and run the power cable thru the holes to the pedal. I wanted to post a pic but for some reason it isn't working . PM or email me for pics.

3. rreiser

I forgot to add that the customer service at AmperorDirect was excellent.

4. awaywardson

awaywardson Member

rreiser - can you run it while charging it?

5. rreiser

Yes but it won't charge very much. Its more there for an emergency situation to keep you powered up if you forgot to charge it.. At that point you are reconnecting the AC and adding back the hum. I've used it on about 20 gigs and never had to charge it while playing.