1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Volume pedal for both passive electric & active acoustic?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by strumminsix, May 20, 2011.

1. strumminsix

strumminsix Supporting Member

Does it exist?

All my electrics are passive and happy with them as is :)
    My 2 electrics all have active circuits and happy with them as is :)

I'd like to find a volume pedal that would work with both so I can get nice boosts for the acoustic (w/o a boost pedal which sounds nasty thru a PA) and get nice swells for the electric (adjustable minimum would be preferred)

I've never used a volume pedal before so have no clue. But simple logic says the 250/500/1meg for the passive, and the 25k for the active. All that equals more money and equipment and I'm maxed on both :omg

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Maybe a volume pedal w/o a pot will work for your needs. Morley comes to mind, they don't use a pot in their volume pedals, it's optical

3. ShavenYak

ShavenYak Member

The Morley pedal is still using a variable resistor, it's just electronically controlled (by the amount of light it receives from an LED) instead of being mechanically turned.

4. strumminsix

Thank you, guys!!! I put in a call to them and waiting to hear back since what you confirmed was my assumption.

Do you guys like them?

5. fly135

fly135 Member

You only need a passive pedal for both.

6. strumminsix

I don't understand, does a active acoustic preamp not need the 25k resistor?