1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Volume Pedal into Expression Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stlcardinals, May 15, 2011.

1. stlcardinals

stlcardinals Member

Hey everyone,

I had an idea after seeing a video from Strymon about turning an old Crybaby into an expression pedal. I have an older Morley Little Gator Volume Pedal which operates on electro-optical design. Is there a way to turn this into an expression pedal? Just curious.

Thanks!

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

If you want to use the volume pedal as strictly an expression pedal, you need a TRS to TRS cable, and connect from the effect pedal to the "out" jack of the Morley. That will give you expression pedal capabilities.

If you want to use the Morley as both a volume pedal and an expression pedal. I had Dan Burgess (This1smyne) build me a loop switch w/ a TRS jack in addition that easily converts the volume pedal to an expression pedal on the fly. You plug the volume pedal into the box for in-chain placement and the loop switch places it into "expression mode". The TRS jack is for connecting to the effect pedal needing an expression pedal. Works like a charm.

[​IMG][/IMG]

I am selling it, as I do not need an expression pedal set-up in my current board. PM me if interested. Jerry

3. stlcardinals

stlcardinals Member

So this will work regardless of whether it has a pot or electro-optical circuitry? For some reason I thought that a pot was needed, or that some poking and prodding would need to be done in the PCB. Thanks, when (if) I get the Timeline, I'll try this sucker out on it.

Sorry, I just want expression pedal capability, thanks for the offer

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I use a Morley Mini Volume with the T1M switch no problems.