Volume Pedal Poll

Ozro4

Neither - depending on what your chain is and what you want to use it for. Put it after dirt, mod, etc but put it before delay and reverb. That way your swells will sound much more natural and have decay.

If you want to use it as a kill switch, put it last - that way it will even make the delay shut up. Or if you want, you could put one in both positions, I have a friend who does that.

If you put it first it will effect your distortion rather than just your overall volume level and will change your sound. However, if that's what you want - go for it.

Overall, I would always recommend putting it after everything but delay and reverb. Most people will probably tell you the same. But it all comes down to how you like it best.

blood5150

Just curious, what do you get out of putting it after your dirt/wah pedals?

I always put mine first just for convenience' sake, so I can have it at the end of the board without a bunch of patch cables running both directions.

Just wondering, thanks!!

Jon

Thats the way I have mine at the moment as well.... hence the poll..

:munch

radcliff

I always put mine first just for convenience' sake, so I can have it at the end of the board without a bunch of patch cables running both directions.

Just wondering, thanks!!

Jon

If you use your volume knob to control the amount of gain coming out of your pedal, then you can at the same time use the volume pedal to effect the level of this gain, giving you a master volume.

English Jim

Last in chain before amp - to control overall volume - and kill when necessary. Gtr knobs give you control at the start of the chain.

Ozro4

Just wondering, thanks!!

Jon

If you use the volume pedal before a dirt pedal while it's on, you will increase/decrease the amount of gain coming out of that pedal.

However, if you use the volume pedal AFTER the dirt, you can dial in the exact tone of the pedal and then control the volume of the overall sound without affecting the tone you're getting out of your dirt pedal.

Hope that helps.

mcdes

Member of no importance
mines after dirt, then before modulations and delays.

so yea, im in the middle too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom