Volume Pedals - is there really that much difference?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by laughingsam, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

I've got the Mission VM pro. It was expensive.. It's been pretty versatile though; kinda heavy.

I want to check out the newer wayyy lighter weight Mission Aero volume pedal; it looks pretty decent; and don't know if I need all the options the VM pro offers.

Though I do make use of the splitter cable option; the volume pedal is first thing in my chain; the cable splits out to the next pedal (wah) and also to an always on send for tuner.

I like the taper of the pedal shape on the Aero; I have the passive dual expression pedal.

Green Aero still kinda spendy..$180
    Black is less ; $160

https://missionengineering.com/shop.../multi-use-exp/ep-25-pro-aero/?v=7516fd43adaa

[​IMG]

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VM1AeroGrn

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Ohzoso likes this.
  2. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

What he said!

Ice Ape likes this.
  3. Crazyquilt

Crazyquilt Guitar Dad Silver Supporting Member

I like my trusty red Mission VM Pro. I've had a Boss (I can't recall exactly which; the H I think) which was persnickety and huge. I think I've had one or two others, but memory fails me. I do not love my trusty red Mission VM Pro; the taper, especially at the beginning, isn't quite what I'd like. There's just a bit more jump than I like. So, I've considered the Lehle, but, truth to tell, the Mission is so close to perfect it's hard to justify jumping to a new one.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. sezna

sezna Member

FWIW a true-bypass volume pedal is really easy to make yourself. Like two potentiometers and a switch, plus some jacks and solder.

5. BillyK

BillyK Member

As an update, I got the EB MVP. It works great and feels great. Zero tone suck. $119 from a local boutique shop. Couldn't be happier.
    Thanks for the info folks!

6. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com

I used an EB for a long time, years. One day I needed to test something and didn't plug in the EB and it sounded a whole lot different without it. For me, the EB changes the tone a decent amount. Not worse, just different. For most it will work great, but I went Leihl and really think it's a superior pedal if your clean tone has to be exactly what's coming from your guitar.